cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian keeps changing my Date of birth!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian keeps changing my Date of birth!!

I'm getting ready to kill Experian. Back in April, I noticed that on a BoA Privacy Assist report, Experian was reporting my dob as 1960 as opposed to 1962. I sent Experian a copy of DL, SS card and copy of utility bill and asked to update. They sent me a new credit report showing update. A few months later, get denied for a CC reason being I was not old enough. WTH!! Send a copy again of everything to Experian again, get an email result for the dispute. All is well for about a month. Last Saturday, Experian info disappears off TC report.  Check a few days later, no Info. Pull a report straight from Experian yesterday and sure enough, dob is now 1994! Got on the phone with Experian, they verify and look into everything. The lady tells me she's going to update again but says that the dob is getting changed due to reporting from one of my creditors. Now i just got a secured card from BoA which started reporting on 8/30. I got the alert from TC for a new account on Experian. Update the reports to see the new tradeline and poof, my Experian info disappears. Does this make sense that a creditors reporting is messing up my dob? Is Experian feeding me some BS? The only 2 creditors reporting in august were Wamu and BoA. However the Experian Info disappearing as soon as BoA hits the report seems more than a coincidence. Any thoughts?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian keeps changing my Date of birth!!

Quick update, just got off the phone with BoA and they verified my dob and said that they have no reason to report dob to Experian. They're saying that Experian's system is messed up. The fact that TU and EQ are both reporting correct dob's makes me think that Experian is BS'ing me. Can't see why anybody would report correctly to 2 CRA's and not the other.I'm waiting to get the email update from Experian.
Message 2 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

It does happen, but you'd think that the CRA's would employ a reality check. But they're little more than a giant junkyard for credit info, IMO.

Can you figure out, on your own or with help from EX, which creditor is sending in the wacko information? If you can't, I'd call every single one, ask to speak to a supe, tell them the problem, and have them verify what date of birth they have. Don't give it to them; make them tell you what they have.

If you haven't registered the phone number you're calling from with them, they might kick up a fuss about giving out your date of birth, so be prepared to verify your identity with additional methods besides DOB. Or cut a deal and give them month and day, but they have to give you year. Once you find the culprit, ask them (the old polite but firm bit) to resend your corrected file to all three CRA's.

eta: whoops, just saw your update. Good luck; EX clings fiercely to incorrect info.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 09-03-2008 09:21 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every month when Capital one reports - I lose my DOB on EQ  
Message 4 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

So you know who the villain is. Have you tried their famously-helpful CS?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have better ways to waste 3 hours of my life-Smiley Happy

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, got the email from Experian. They updated my dob for the third time. Experian is back (for now) on TC. From what I can tell from the Experian, only two accounts updated in august. BoA and Wamu. BoA already verified my dob. I guess I could call Wamu just in case.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am so sorry if you have to all WAMU-
I like my WAMU cards but I hate calling them

dicej32 wrote:
Well, got the email from Experian. They updated my dob for the third time. Experian is back (for now) on TC. From what I can tell from the Experian, only two accounts updated in august. BoA and Wamu. BoA already verified my dob. I guess I could call Wamu just in case.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy wrote:
I am so sorry if you have to all WAMU-
I like my WAMU cards but I hate calling them

At this point I'm just going to give it a month and see if it happens again. Unless I get really, really bored!!!

Message 9 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I have better ways to waste 3 hours of my life-Smiley Happy
Yes, indeedy, this is why God made speaker-phones. Smiley Tongue My most thorough kitchen cleaning occurs while waiting for various CS's to pick up.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.