Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian not consumer friendly with disputes

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

Experian not consumer friendly with disputes

after submitting disputes to the bureaus it appears as though Experian will never delete. this is weird especially since the other 2 bureaus have deleted the same account in dispute. not too worried about it since experian is usually higher for whatever reason eventhough the report has more negs but seems like they dont do a real investigation. has anyone else experienced this?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
WEShinego
Established Member

Re: Experian not consumer friendly with disputes

In my experience, Equifax has been the most stubburn bureau, though all three eventually removed the accounts I disputed.  I had to submit my dispute twice with EQ, and once with Experian and TransUnion.  I think if you're persistant enough, you'll get results.

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Wat was the subject of the dispute?

Message 3 of 5
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

settled account where creditor is reporting charge off and balance everymonth and i provided a letter from the collection agency saying i paid all of the settlement amount and the account is settled. it also says im going to receive a 1099 for the same balance the creditor reports each month, so i know the collection agency actually gave the creditor all the money.

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The CRA is required to forward a copy of the dispute to the furnisher, in this case the OC.

If the furnisher responds that they verify the accuracy of their reporting, the CRA's reinvestigation will rely upon that verification.

Perhaps the furnisher only verified with EX, in which case, the CRA reinvestigation most likely relied on that verification.

Hard to tell whether the fault is with the furnisher or the CRA.........

In your situatioon, the CRA has no independent means of investigation of the accuracy, and thus has no real part in the dispute process other than as a middlle-man.

That is the reason for the direct dispute process.... to cut the CRA out of the process when they are not the real source of any verification.

The better course would be to send a direct dispute to the OC, thus requring them to respond directly to you within 30 days of your dispute.

If the OC then verifies, you have direct statement from them that they have conducted a reasonable investigation, which verifies the accuracy of their reporting.

If they verify and you have clear proof of the inaccuracy, which is apparently the case, a formal complaint to the CFPB asserting lack of reasonable investigation of your dispute would then clearly be in order.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.