Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian not updating. Normal?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian not updating. Normal?

Has anybody had an issue with experian not updated? I've been waiting for a balance drop of 5400 to hit my report and it still hasn't. Still showing an old balance owed. My last reported date for experian for that account is 7/1/16. Is this normal? When should I expect an update to that card at least? 

Sorry if in the wrong forum. 

TIA!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian not updating. Normal?

I'm waiting for two things to show up on my Experian this month...

One new Allient secure account and one new CC.

The other two dont have a issue.. just Experian.

Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Are you sure that the creditor actually reported an update?

Message 3 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

"Normal" covers a very wide range of things.  What's normal isn't relevant.  What's going on specifically in your case is what matters.  You need to be aware of when each of your accounts reports.  If you want to verify what's going on with a given report then pull the report directly from the CRA as the CRA is the official record.

Are you using myFICO?  If you're using any monitoring service then be aware of how the specific service works.  myFICO only updates when there is trigger activity.  Not all activity with a scoring impact is a trigger.

http://myfico.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/463/~/understanding-what-triggers-fico%C2%AE-3-bu...

All that said, a $5,400 balance change on an account with Experian should trigger an update.  As suggested above, verify that the creditor reported an when they reported.  Be aware that it can take a CRA several business days to update after the creditor reports.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply all. I use CCT for my Experian. I was under the impression that comes straight from them. I guess I will give it a few weeks. I guess there really isn't another option correct? I can't force a report change can I? The account in question is Synchrony Bank. A retail credit account. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would call or email Synchrony and ask if they have reported the zero balance. I would think by 30 days after the pay off the ywould have reported it.  I had to write a lender once (Ledning Club) because the balance was still showing on CR 6 weeks later after pay off. They never wrote me back, but 2 weeks later it reported correctly.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.