Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian "Free Experian Credit Report updated every 30 days"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian "Free Experian Credit Report updated every 30 days"

I just signed up for Experian's "Free Experian Credit Report updated every 30 days". I stumbled through the terms, etc. but wanted to come here to make sure I'm not missing any big red flags about any major privacy or disclosure issues. Is this really as good as it seems?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian "Free Experian Credit Report updated every 30 days"

You might find this recent thread interesting:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/freecreditscore/td-p/4828950

FCS gives you both a free EX report and a free FICO 8 each month.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You might find this recent thread interesting:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/freecreditscore/td-p/4828950

FCS gives you both a free EX report and a free FICO 8 each month.

I logged into FCS with my Experian credentials and it sent me back to the report-only site. I guess a user is only allowed to accept one or the other. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup... I think that is what I was sensing from the discussion on that thread.  Argggghh. 

There are, however, a number of major card issuers that give their users a free monthly FICO 8 drawn on Experian data -- which is exactly what FCS gives you. Two that come to mind immediately are Chase and Amex.  Do you have a CC with either of them?

The free monthly credit report you are getting with Experian is a GREAT deal, however.  It was in my opinion one of the great events of last year.  Prior to EX doing this, there was no free method of getting your EX report (except for AnnualCreditReport.com, which was limited to once every 365 days).

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.