Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian reply to my 'DV'

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian reply to my 'DV'

Part of my DV/OC process was to complain to Experian that THEY had confirmed information from a CA that was obviously wrong; it was a Paid Collection (and listed as such) yet 4 months after the PIF Account Status was still listed as 'In Collections' and still had a '90+ Days Late' as of 12/07 as well.

I included with my letter to them;

Copy of Canceled and Dated Check

Copy of Letter from the CA that the debt/judgment was PIF

Screen Shots of their OWN report wherein I highlighted the inaccuracies, including:
1) The Account History highlight to show the 'In Collections' and '90+ Days Late with an ARROW pointing to the highlight to say 'How can a PIF Collection be listed as such

2) The Balance which showed 'Not Reported' and the 'Past Due' which said not reported, highlighted, with arrows pointing out the highlight saying 'How can a PIF Collection NOT have those two items listed as 'Zero'?

My point to them was that THEY had violated the credit laws by not accurately investigating the information, to whit;

"More to the point, please provide what method, you, the Credit Reporting Agency, used to verify this information as it is quite obviously inaccurate. Please do not send me another pointless letter claiming I need to contact the creditor to obtain this information, when in fact it is YOUR responsibility to provide this information to me under the FACTA. If that happens, then I will have no other option than to extend this matter in a court of law, and obtain legal representation in order to seek a judgment against Experian for willful noncompliance, which is a violation of FACTA and FCRA as you would be in violation of Section § 611(a)(6) and (7). 15 USC 1681i of FCRA."

So what do I get from them?

'Upon careful review of your information, we have determined we were not able to use it. We are contacting the source of information you questioned bla bla bla'

I didn't question the SOURCE. I questioned EXPERIAN, and the fact that though I had disputed it twice, the VERIFIED incorrect information the first time and dismissed it as frivolous the second.

So they just put it back on the CA.

Can't win for losing with Experian.

I got another letter that they are having 'the source' verify all of the information I questioned. Sounds like best I get is Asset corrects the '90 days' and 'In Collections' and the worst is they just confirm AGAIN.
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.