cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian says my collection is updates although paid!

tag
KarimaKC
Established Member

Experian says my collection is updates although paid!

Okay, so I disputed a collection acct. with Experian regarding a previous medical collection (one that I did not feel I owed, but paid anyway..... long before I found this board), and now it says that it is a paid/closed account, but it also says that it is a collection as of August 2007.  I PAID THIS COLLECTION OFF IN JUNE 2005 (this collection originated in Dec. 2004).  Now it seems worse than its previous reporting!  What should I do at this point?  Do you I dispute again?  Do I contact Experian and ask them to reflect that it is NOT an open collection account?  I am upset and confused.  Any words of experience would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

Re: Experian says my collection is updates although paid!

i had this happen with me too and i found EX being the easiest to work with. i just called and disputed over the phone and it was gone in a few days.  Id say maybe contact the company try to get it handle and do you have proof of it being paid and when it was paid? thank will also help

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have the same problem with those idiots. this is the second time i'm disputing a collection on my credit report and even after sending them a copy of the paid-in-full letter from the CA. i received a letter yesterday saying that they can't use the info i provided. that they will check with the source of the initial report. mind you this is the second time i'm disputing. can someone please give me a number where i can speak to a LIVE person? maybe i might have better luck talking to someone. thanks in advance.
Message 3 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Gawtti wrote:
i have the same problem with those idiots. this is the second time i'm disputing a collection on my credit report and even after sending them a copy of the paid-in-full letter from the CA. i received a letter yesterday saying that they can't use the info i provided. that they will check with the source of the initial report. mind you this is the second time i'm disputing. can someone please give me a number where i can speak to a LIVE person? maybe i might have better luck talking to someone. thanks in advance.

Experian's main number is (714) 830-7000.
Human: 800-509-5604
Message 4 of 7
KarimaKC
Established Member

Hello,

Thanks for the number to Experian.  Do you have the human numbers for the other 2 bureaus?  Thanks in advance.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe I am misunderstanding something.  If it was paid, and showing as paid, then the TL is correct, right?  Maybe the TL updated with that date after you disputed.  What harm  is it doing other than the fact that it  is there.  If this  causes a problem with a score, could someone please elaborate why, because I have a few reporting that way as well. 
Message 6 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

human: Equifax -1-866-238-8067, 1-888-766-0008
human: TU 800-860-7289
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.