Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian score Amex fico vs. myFICO fico

tag
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

Experian score Amex fico vs. myFICO fico

Amex is reporting my may 6 experian score as 683.

MyFICO is showing 696.

How could this be?
Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
7 REPLIES 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Experian score Amex fico vs. myFICO fico

@jdxprs1 wrote:
Amex is reporting my may 6 experian score as 683.

MyFICO is showing 696.

How could this be?

MF only updates when a change triggers it; Amex is an instant in time pull, so something could have changed on the report and therefore score in between the Amex pull and the MF update that didn't trigger an update.

        
Message 2 of 8
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

Bummer this post was moved. It was relevant to my 61 day CLI
Last app 1/2/2017.
Message 3 of 8
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

As of may 6 myFICO was reporting 694 and it updated may 8th to 696. How could Amex be seeing 683?

Possible they started using a different fico version?
Last app 1/2/2017.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, it's not a different version.  It's just that the scores were generated at different times and at the time they were generated they were seeing different data on your profile. 

Two scores generated at the same exact time using the same bureau information and the same scoring model will result in identical scores.  These are the only variables... so if the model and bureau are the same, the only possibility is that the scores were generated at different times.

Message 5 of 8
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

The two places showed different scores at the same time. MyFICO is showing the score increasing while Amex shows it dropped.
Last app 1/2/2017.
Message 6 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@jdxprs1 wrote:
The two places showed different scores at the same time. MyFICO is showing the score increasing while Amex shows it dropped.

I'll check my EX report as I have one from a recent dispute and see if the dates Amex shows in the web interface match with their SP's of my file; I don't think they've changed score versions but the dates may not be entirely 1:1.

        
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jdxprs1 wrote:

Two places can show different scores at the same time, but the scores were generated at different times using different data. 

Monthly update sites like Amex, Discover etc. will show you the same score for a month.  Certainly other places can provide you with a score a few weeks after which could be different, but you're seeing both of those scores at the same time... it's just that one was generated with data from 2 weeks ago where the more recent one will be taking into consideration any changes that happened in those 2 weeks.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.