Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian score jump... when will FICO

tag
CountryLad
New Contributor

Experian score jump... when will FICO

Hello -- wondering if anyone knows how long it takes for your Experian score to change on FICO once your score changes on Experian... My score on Experian's website jumped up 34 points today. I'm wondering when this change will be reflected on my FICO score? Anyone know? Do they report up just once a month or as often as things change? Thanks for any insights.

“If you wish to get rich, save what you get. A fool can earn money; but it takes a wise man to save and dispose of it to his own advantage.” ―Brigham Young
4 REPLIES 4
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

Re: Experian score jump... when will FICO

It could take a few days for the myfico monitoring to pick it up.  I tried my fico for all my scores, but didn't like the lag for score changes, whenI could pickup the changes on Experian daily.  But cheers to myfico, their blackmarket watch found alot of info on me.

Congrats on the increase and keep up the good work.  As you just learned its very simple things that increase a credit score.

@CountryLad wrote:
Hello -- wondering if anyone knows how long it takes for your Experian score to change on FICO once your score changes on Experian... My score on Experian's website jumped up 34 points today. I'm wondering when this change will be reflected on my FICO score? Anyone know? Do they report up just once a month or as often as things change? Thanks for any insights.

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
Message 2 of 5
CountryLad
New Contributor

@MrTom wrote:

It could take a few days for the myfico monitoring to pick it up.  I tried my fico for all my scores, but didn't like the lag for score changes, whenI could pickup the changes on Experian daily.  But cheers to myfico, their blackmarket watch found alot of info on me.

Congrats on the increase and keep up the good work.  As you just learned its very simple things that increase a credit score.

@CountryLad wrote:

Thanks for the info MrTom. You mentinoed that MyFICO blackmarket watch picked up some info on you... May I ask what you did then? I received an email from them that they'd picked up info on me... just not sure what to do at this point. Thanks.

“If you wish to get rich, save what you get. A fool can earn money; but it takes a wise man to save and dispose of it to his own advantage.” ―Brigham Young
Message 3 of 5
Appleman
Valued Contributor

If you were to pull another 3B report the update would be immediate. That is the one frustration with myFICO, the occasional lag in seeing the score update.

When I was first on myFICO i would see my 08 score change but wondered why I never saw a change to my other versions. Took me longer than I care to share to figure out that you had to update your 3B report to see the updates across all versions.

Message 4 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@CountryLad wrote:

From my experience the EX FICO 8 on MyFICO catches up about 2 days later.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.