Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian sees double!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian sees double!

Just checked my Experian report and apparently I have two Discover cards, opened the same day with the same limit. One shows accurate use (with an account number matching the card I use) while the other hasn't reported since opening. I'm certain this is because of my card being lost in the mail on day 1 and thus being issued a new number. The closed account does not show on TU. I haven't checked EQ yet. I called Discover and they promised an investigation.

Here are my questions:

1. Was calling Discover the right thing to do?

2. Should I still dispute with EX?

3. What else should I watch for across my reports?

4. How screwed am I?

I'm still hanging out in the garden although I'd like to apply for card #2 as soon as possible once my score gets better. Discover scorecard gives me a 719, but that is based on having the double account.

Thanks!

(Mods -- I apologize if this belongs in the General Topics forum. I wasn't sure since the issue is specifically with how my card is reported. Thanks.)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian sees double!

bump

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my Ex report today and the ghost account is completely gone Smiley Happy That's a load off my mind especially since I now see that Chase pulled Ex on Friday.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Got my Ex report today and the ghost account is completely gone Smiley Happy That's a load off my mind especially since I now see that Chase pulled Ex on Friday.

Hi GrasshopperStudent,

Glad to hear that it all worked itself out.  Just be sure to check the rest of your CRs because Discover does indeed report to each of them.

Also congratulations on your new Chase card! - Woohoo!

(-:

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi GrasshopperStudent,

Glad to hear that it all worked itself out.  Just be sure to check the rest of your CRs because Discover does indeed report to each of them.

(-:

Yup the other two were right already.

I actually just got approved when I logged in TODAY I am thrilled Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi GrasshopperStudent,

(-:

Yup the other two were right already.

I actually just got approved when I logged in TODAY I am thrilled Smiley Very Happy

Way to go!

;-)

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.