Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian thinks I'm a minor!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian thinks I'm a minor!

Last night I updated TrueCredit and found my Experian report had vanished. All of the information was there for TransUnion and Equifax, but the Experian column was completely blank.

I then tried to order a report directly from Experian online and got an error message. I tried to call Experian but to get past their computer system you have to have an Experian report number.

I had a copy of my Experian report in my desk at work, so this morning I called. It took a good 15 minutes to navigate their system and finally get to talk to an actual person. She said online access to the report was blocked because according to the date of birth in their system I am a minor. I told her I'm in my fifties. She said she would dispute the date of birth and when it came off I would be able to access the report again. 

The oldest account on my report is a car loan, opened in 1998; in order to be a minor, I would have had to have bought that car on credit when I was seven years old!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
vawt
Contributor

Re: Experian thinks I'm a minor!

Seems like there have been a lot of posts like this lately.  Most of the time people like to be considered younger, but in this case that's not good!

Scores June-09: EQ 798 TU-785
Scores Mar-09: EQ 792 (getting close) TU-782
Scores Feb-09: EQ- 786 EX- ??? TU-777
Scores Jan-09: EQ- 791 EX- 786 TU-765
Scores Aug-08: EQ- 786 EX- 779 TU- 737
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian thinks I'm a minor!

I am similar issues with my experian account. Do you know which number you called to get to them? I am having trouble getting to an actual person. I get the automated system and it seems like there is no way around it.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.