cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian will not remove me as an Au on my x-wifes Dilliards card and she is 80% UTI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian will not remove me as an Au on my x-wifes Dilliards card and she is 80% UTI

So I never actually had her card however she put me on as an AU years ago and now that we are Divorced 4 years now Experian refuses to remove me as an AU. Dillards says that they have never issued me a card and that I am not on the account and when disputed Experian claims they are verfiying it. I have contacted and put this on that consumer board etc: She is only paying $10.00 per month on a $965.00 balance with a credit limit of $1700.00. It is always at least 60% UTI. Transunion and Equifax removed me 3 years ago. What are my options at this point? Can I have an attorney write a letter? I have submitted my divorce decree , talked to a supervisor, disputed 10 times and i am out of options. Thanks 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Experian will not remove me as an Au on my x-wifes Dilliards card and she is 80% UTI

I am confused....

Is Dillard's also saying that they are NOT making any reporting to your credit file with any CRA?  That is the only way it will show as an AU.

Clearly, you are "not on the account," as that is the very definition of an AU as differentiated from a joint account holder.

Their response is irrelevant to your issue.

I would call and speak with a more senior and experienced supervisor who understands what an AU is......

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian will not remove me as an Au on my x-wifes Dilliards card and she is 80% UTI

i have spoken to several and Dillards has never recieved any information from Experian so this means Experian is not investigating any disputes. I have no idea how to get this off my report

Message 3 of 15
newhis
Valued Contributor

If you are not on the Dillards account, do your EX report update with new information (last payment, new higher/lower balance)?

DW removed me from one of her accounts, TU and EQ removed the account when I disputed it. EX said the account is valid and they didn't remove the account. I'll try to dispute that again. The card had 50% balance and the open date is much lower than my AAoA. This and other differences with TU keep me at 25 points less in EX than TU.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

It updates it when she charges or makes a payment. 

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds to me like the problem here isn't Experian at all.  Maybe Robert can weigh in on this.  Experian's job is simply to report whatever data is sent to them.  If the CC account is being reported to them, they update that data on your credit report.  Trying to take it up with Experian IMO isn't the proper way to go, since the account is clearly still reporting, as you said the balances are updated monthly etc.  The solution I would think is to target the CCC and get them to remove you as an AU, thus not allowing the account to report and be associated with your credit report.  I would think if you spoke to the right person at your CCC, they would be able to make this change for you pretty easily.  If not, I'm sure filing a complaint with the BBB and/or CFPB would put pressure on them to do the right thing.

Message 6 of 15
Glen_M
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

... If the CC account is being reported to them, they update that data on your credit report.  Trying to take it up with Experian IMO isn't the proper way to go, since the account is clearly still reporting, as you said the balances are updated monthly etc.  The solution I would think is to target the CCC and get them to remove you as an AU, thus not allowing the account to report and be associated with your credit report. ...

Agreed.  The rating agency is just presenting what is reported to them if you are getting monthly updates.  The problem is clearly with the card issuer not removing you.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have contacted Dillards and I am not on the card and have not been in years. I wonder if Experian has me cross referenced or something with my x? I asked Dillards to write a letter or email stating I was not a card holder and they refused.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they are still reporting the account and it's showing up on your credit report, they still have you associated with the account.  You need to stay on them until they state in writing that you aren't associated with the account, then you can submit that documention to EX should you still see it report.  Once the creditor agrees though, they'll remove you from the account and it won't report to EX.  Again, this is a creditor issue, not an EX issue.

I'd recommend emailing the CEO and expressing your frustration.  I'd imagine someone that works for the CEO would look into the issue quickly and rectify it for you.  Basic CS clearly isn't the answer with this one.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I have written a letter to the CEO of Dillard's William Dillard in hopes of getting them to remove me. I am filing a claim with the documentation with the North Carolina Attorney Generals office so I will keep everyone informed as to the outcome. Thanks

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.