Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian

tag
docfr8
Valued Member

Experian

Is it just me or is Experian a lot more difficult to work with on credit report inaccuracies than Trans Union and Equifax?
They are very short on the phone and I was informed that they do not except any faxes nor do they contact the creditors by mail/phone on disputes. Furthermore, they do not accept any hard copy supporting documentation. I seriously doubt that Experian makes any serious attempt to investigate disputes. I have worked diligently with both Equifax and Trans Union on inaccurate information as well as non-autorized inquiries with good results. However, the same accounts and inquiries have not been updated or deleted by Experian in spite of several requests.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian

It's not you, it's Experian.  
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. EX is very hard to deal with for myself too. If you have disputed something already and they say its verified, and you try to dispute it again months later, it would tell you "we have already verified this item" and it won't let you submit the dispute online.

I even tried to get inaccurate addresses removed from my reports, Experian denied that request.
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it does seem that Experian is the most difficult to work with, however, Noah posted a fax number to Exp yesterday that he used to send off some disputes.  He said that he got good results.  Fax #972-390-3838.  Good luck.  YMMV.
Message 4 of 19
docfr8
Valued Member

I have the same issues where I disputed an account one year ago and it was verified by Experian. I disputed the account again last month (since then new changes were made to the account) but Experian refused to investigate because it was "previously" investigated in June 2006.
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I first thought Experian was the best one because I had the most luck disputing with them online: creditexpert.com. Now I see that transunion and equifax are better--transunion is the best IMO.
Message 6 of 19
Cory
Established Contributor

Same here.............

I'm letting my Credit just marinate right now.

Cory
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been thinking about reporting them to the better bussiness b--- I got a 3 combined report and score---not from them.  When I wanted to dispute, I could only do on line---and ONLY if I had THEIR report--and it required their report code.  I tried calling, but the number listed for customer service was only a machine that told you to go on line.  So, in order to get the info corrected, I had to buy their report for $10---being that it is my credit---I paid.  After the disputes were investigated, some information was still left, I tried to get it settled, but the on line site told me that it was already investagated and resolved---but it wasn't ---says paid in full but amount due with a dollar amount.  I am still 2 months later trying to get it resolved.  I think it is a total scam that they make money off me, selling MY personal information, yet take no responsibility as to their actions and how it effects their customers!--
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's strange because my Ex score is way higher (true FICO) than any of the others, no problems with Experian.

Message Edited by amazing on 11-01-2007 09:01 AM
Message 9 of 19
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

I like Experian's online dispute system better.  I disputed three items online with each of the agency's.  With experian, I can see the progress of each individual item.  On Transunion, it says "1 out of 3 complete" with no more details.  On Equifax, it simply says that I disputed on 10/10/07.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.