Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian

tag
php111
Regular Contributor

Experian

If one has both a Fraud Alert and a Credit Freeze on their Experian Credit Report, and than one wants to remove the freeze or lift the freeze or even pulling their report either for free or paying for it, and than a message comes up to either mail or upload the documents with a written request. Is that because of the Fraud Alert? If so, if that would be removed and would everything go back to normal?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
trusty
Frequent Contributor

Re: Experian

@php111 wrote:
If one has both a Fraud Alert and a Credit Freeze on their Experian Credit Report, and than one wants to remove the freeze or lift the freeze or even pulling their report either for free or paying for it, and than a message comes up to either mail or upload the documents with a written request. Is that because of the Fraud Alert? If so, if that would be removed and would everything go back to normal?

If you already have a security freeze, you should have received a PIN, in the mail. If you cannot find your PIN, you can call the Experian Fraud Department, and they will have you answer some security questions to verify you; which will allow you to remove the security freeze and the fraud alert.

Also, the fraud alert and security freeze should not prevent online consumer access. It's possible that the name or address on your report does not match what is being entered.

Further, Experian usually requires a recent report number to access your report online.

If you sign up for their free monthly monitoring at usa.experian.com; in the, "My Personal Information," section of your report, there is a link to, "Visit Dispute Center." Then click, "Start New Dispute," and at the top, there is your report number.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 4
php111
Regular Contributor

Thanks! Also, what is the number for the Experian Fraud Department?
Message 3 of 4
php111
Regular Contributor

The freeze/fraud alert and everything else will not go through online or in the automated system.

I did not need a paper copy of my report but just for the sake of it and I decided to see if the automated system at least would process a paper copy of my report. I used the same information online and in the automated system for the freeze options. I was almost certain Experian would not process a report but I certainly was wrong because they did process my report successfully and they provided me with that report number or confirmation number or whatever number it is. I find that odd it cannot lift or remove a freeze but it could process a report by mail.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.