Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience fico score

tag
saberkitty
Valued Member

Experience fico score

Myfico has my EX as 577 as of 6/11

Credit pulled by local FCU yesterday and it was 597.

Why the difference?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experience fico score

There are different types of scoring models used by each lender/company.  You may what to find out what model they are using and this thread should help you better understand it...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/The-many-flavors-of-FICO-Editions-version...

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the same model was used a possible explanation is that your lender pulls directly from Experian, not from Myfico. You may have had something within the past couple of months that increased your credit score but it did not update yet on Myfico and that is why it is showing lower on Myfico (it isn't reflecting the point increase yet)

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@saberkitty wrote:

Why the difference?

Does your FCU use FICO 8 scores? Mine does not and is about 50 points less than myFICO score.

Message 4 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

If the same model was used a possible explanation is that your lender pulls directly from Experian, not from Myfico. You may have had something within the past couple of months that increased your credit score but it did not update yet on Myfico and that is why it is showing lower on Myfico (it isn't reflecting the point increase yet)

AFAIK the scores here are absolutely reference.  The scores come from the bureau themselves; I do know that if I pull an instant in time score, I get the score with changes that haven't hit the monitoring solution yet.  

That pull also doesn't update the monitoring solution but I'm OK with that heh.  

Further anecdotal data, we'd get a lot more complaints of mortgage scores not matching if the scores were being calculated on old data.  The monitoring scores, yeah, only triggered updates, but the 1 and 3 report pulls, atomic clock level standard from a score perspective as I understand it.

@OP - None of my CU's currently underwrite on FICO 8 and I have collected several over the years.  I'm not surprised yours isn't matching either.

        
Message 5 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@saberkitty wrote:

Why the difference?

Always make sure you understand which scoring models you're comparing.  I'd guess this to be a matter of different models unless there was a sufficient data change in the 3 days between.  Given that a score is generated based on data in a report the model, CRA and data all matter.  You cannot use a score generated by one model to determine a score generated by a different model even if both models are FICO's.  You should expect different algorithms to produce different results.

Definitely check out the Understanding FICO Scoring subforum and it stickies (one is linked in a response above).

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.