cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience of a New Member

tag
seanrix66

Experience of a New Member

I have never been one to give my credit much thought until recently. I found myself in the market for a new car and thought I should check my credit score. In early May of this year my credit scores were as follows. EQ=532, EX=527, TU=604. I knew that was abysmal so I decided to hire a credit repair agency of which name I won't list here. I figured the job was way to big to tackle on my own and I wouldn't even begin to know where to start. I found out there were tons of erroneous info on all three credit bureaus. Some of the accounts were well beyond the 7 year expiration date. Some creditors even listed the same account twice on my credit reports. It was a mess. As of this writing, a little less than 2 months later, I am proud to announce that I was able to secure an auto loan from my credit union for a used vehicle at 10.49%. not the best but at least I got into something. My credit scores are now as follows. EQ=640, EX=602, TU=614. Not entirely sure why TU hasn't risen much but I will continue to monitor it and hopefully get it raised much higher.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Experience of a New Member

@seanrix66 wrote:

I have never been one to give my credit much thought until recently. I found myself in the market for a new car and thought I should check my credit score. In early May of this year my credit scores were as follows. EQ=532, EX=527, TU=604. I knew that was abysmal so I decided to hire a credit repair agency of which name I won't list here. I figured the job was way to big to tackle on my own and I wouldn't even begin to know where to start. I found out there were tons of erroneous info on all three credit bureaus. Some of the accounts were well beyond the 7 year expiration date. Some creditors even listed the same account twice on my credit reports. It was a mess. As of this writing, a little less than 2 months later, I am proud to announce that I was able to secure an auto loan from my credit union for a used vehicle at 10.49%. not the best but at least I got into something. My credit scores are now as follows. EQ=640, EX=602, TU=614. Not entirely sure why TU hasn't risen much but I will continue to monitor it and hopefully get it raised much higher.

Welcome to the forum...  Stick around and keep learning.  In a short time you'll end up able to do more for yourself than any credit repair agency.  Good luck!

Message 2 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!

Message 3 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

@seanrix66 wrote:

Congrats and keep up the good work........wooo hoooSmiley Happy

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.