Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra Hard Pulls

tag
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

Extra Hard Pulls

I applied for a Mortgage and I had a lock on my Transunion report.

The lender I went through uses Equifax Mortgage Services.

So they ran my credit, got an error code back.  So they call me, I unlock it and they rerun it the next morning.

They get 1 report back with everything combined, and I get hit with an extra inquiry on Experian and Equifax.

How do I get those extra inquiries off seeing they were an error?  The lender is saying they can do nothing to fix this.

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Extra Hard Pulls

Well, I think you may already know my take, since we have discussed this on another thread.

But the additional inquiry will have zero effect on your score, now or in the future.  FICO will treat the two inquiries as a single one.

I think it is a bad investment to stress out about something that can have zero impact on you.  That's just my take.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not only will it have zero impact on your scores, but it will have zero impact upon a MR, as anyone that looks at your file will see multiple inquiries from the same mortgage lender and not think anything adverse about it.

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I agree that the scoring impact is nil due to the "de-duping" of multiple mortgage-related inquiries by FICO.

However, if the multiple pulls are still of significant personal concern, perhaps you can get the mortgage lendor to update any second inquiriy to a "soft" inquiry coding.....

Message 4 of 5
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

I agree that the scoring impact is nil due to the "de-duping" of multiple mortgage-related inquiries by FICO.

However, if the multiple pulls are still of significant personal concern, perhaps you can get the mortgage lendor to update any second inquiriy to a "soft" inquiry coding.....

So lets start from the beginning, one of the pulls was an error.  I understand this will not have a score impact, but its a personal issue of wanting to keep my inq down.

If I applied for 2 mortgages, I wouldn't mind.  But it was one, and they double pulled.  They even said their report shows one pull and they bascially said they don't care what my credit report says their credit report shows one pull.

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.