Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAKO Discrepancies - Please Advise.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FAKO Discrepancies - Please Advise.

I know that FAKO's are just that - FAKO's. But, on Freecreditreport.com my Experian score is 655. On True Credit (which I just signed up for b/c it's the same price and recommended by the great posters on this board) it is only 613. Does anyone know why? Which one would be closer to the actual FICO score? (And is there any way to tell?) Why would these FAKOS be so different?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FAKO Discrepancies - Please Advise.

Ech has its own algorithim so it weighs various events in your credit life differently.  My feeeling about FAKOS are that there are an indicator - up you are doing better, down you have messed up somehow.

Sometimes they are right on with FICOs (or darn close) other times they are way off.  I don't place alot of faith in them but I enjoy seeing them go up (hopefully) - at a much lower cost than pulling FICOs.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would that explain that large of a difference for the same CR (Experian)? I don't know if I was clear in my first post... they are the same bureau but vastly different score. I guess there's no way to tell which are accurate, b/c they are FAKOs.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You really can't compare the scores because the computation is different.  If you use TU for months and they keep going up then you know that you are probably doing something right according to them.  For max FICO - use the tips here.
Message 4 of 5
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Also you should compare both reports to see if they are identical.   There maybe one company or two that may just be reporting to TransUnion and not Experian.  It happens alot.  

But as others have pointed out  TransUnion uses it's only formula and may have a different a lower to higher range. 
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.