Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAKO Score Calculators???

tag
Jitdc2
New Contributor

FAKO Score Calculators???

I was using my Amex CreditScure FAKO from Experian today and I had a few questions for the collective knowledge. I have about 39k in available credit, I always pay my cards in full each month (currently my report only shows about 500 bucks on one card right now) When I use the score calculator to estimate score changes it reports back with really weird changes. For instance if I pay off all 500 bucks my score would drop 70 points, if the AAoA increased from 6 years to 10 years my score would drop 100 points, if the 60 day late I have on file from a year ago went away my score would drop 3 points. It seemed like every change I could for the better would decrease my score.... I understand its a FAKO score but it seems counterintuitive. Has anyone else seen this or messed around with this tool? It appeared more like these bureaus just kick out FAKOs as a revenue generator or distraction for the less informed, like myself until I recently started reading this and other forums. Do they do this just to lull people into a bit of false sense of security or as a distraction, why not just give the actual FICO? I am happy to use this servce those as a way to monitor what happens with my file, inquries, accoutns added etc. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FAKO Score Calculators???

Oh ya I have multi FAKO calculators, I disregard all of them they are useless in the real world and are for entertainment only. Companies provide FAKOs due to the fact that they would have to pay Fair Isaac every time a FICO was generated, they could never make money with the 10-20/mo monitoring deals they put out and people are not going to pay much more for the services either.

Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: FAKO Score Calculators???

As always: it's a FAKO.  It doesn't mean anything with regard to your FICO's.

@Jitdc2 wrote:

Do they do this just to lull people into a bit of false sense of security or as a distraction, why not just give the actual FICO?

Cost/profit.  FICO scores are a product of FICO.  If you want your FICO's then why aren't you looking at your FICO's?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.