cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAKO Score is Bad Enough but FAKO Report?

tag
SpiceIslander
Frequent Contributor

FAKO Score is Bad Enough but FAKO Report?

I’m quite aware that credit.com scores are FAKO! What I didn’t know is that the credit data they provide can also be useless.

I pull my FICOs here quarterly and in-between FICO pulls, I take a look at the FAKO sites for (sometimes amusing) comparisons.

Yesterday, I updated my info at credit.com and was very surprised to see that I received a C- for my “Account Mix.” Below is the real and imagined comparison:

Credit.com Listings

Actual Accounts

14 revolving accounts 8 open/6 closed

14 revolving accounts 8 open/6 closed

0 mortgage loans

1 mortgage loan

1 auto loan

1 auto loan

0 student loans

1 student loan

Now I’m wondering if they also provide “FAKO” credit report data as well. My mortgage loan is 3 years old and my student loan is 10 years old. Both have been reporting for their full terms.

I pulled my 3 reports from annualcreditreport.com last month and all my accounts are listed correctly on all 3 credit bureau reports. My credit.com info was updated yesterday! I will do my pulls here at the end of the month and expect everything to be in line.

They also had my mortgage (not student) loan included in my total debt. This site is not something I rely on seriously but didn’t expect to see such huge discrepancies. I’m wondering if anyone has had such an experience. Thanks in advance. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Meg.

FICO: 4/2016 - TU 841 | EQ 840 | EX 837

FNBO 23,600 | Amex SPG 13,900 | Amex BCP 13,400 | Barclays/Sallie Mae13,000 | Discover IT 12,500 | Lowes 10,000 | PLOC 9,300 | NASA FCU 8,700 | Citi Simplicity 6,200 | BOA Platinum+ 6,000 | Achieva CU 5,500 | Chase CSP 5,000 | Sam's Club 3,000 | Sears 900
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: FAKO Score is Bad Enough but FAKO Report?

All credit reports are generated from the same data, as their source is the CRA database upon which the report is based.

However, commercial credit reports are summaries extracted from the data, and are never a complete report of the data.  Your credit file contains miles of data, most of which never makes it to your commercial credit report.

The party making the translation to their content and format can exclude information, and being human, mis-report information.  Formatting collections under OC accounts, and visa-versa, is a common problem.

You have a crummy commercial credit report. 

As an aside, there is absolutely no reason why any credit report that includes a collection or charge-off should not include the actual DOFD reported by the creditor or debt collector, as that is almost always the one date of most importance to the consumer.  Most dont.

Message 2 of 3
SpiceIslander
Frequent Contributor

Re: FAKO Score is Bad Enough but FAKO Report?

Thank you for your response, Robert. Guess I got what I paid for. LOL! Thankfully, lenders won't be pulling from credit.com. CK & Quizzle both have correct data, though. That just surprised me.

Meg.

FICO: 4/2016 - TU 841 | EQ 840 | EX 837

FNBO 23,600 | Amex SPG 13,900 | Amex BCP 13,400 | Barclays/Sallie Mae13,000 | Discover IT 12,500 | Lowes 10,000 | PLOC 9,300 | NASA FCU 8,700 | Citi Simplicity 6,200 | BOA Platinum+ 6,000 | Achieva CU 5,500 | Chase CSP 5,000 | Sam's Club 3,000 | Sears 900
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.