Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FATHER'S JUDGMENT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FATHER'S JUDGMENT

okay..so my father's judgment was placed on my credit report back in Dec...It was a long process to remove...today it was removed...and I only got a 5 point increase... IS THIS NORMAL?????? I know I had a bigger decrease than this when it intially went on...I was depending on this removal to bring my mid score up to 570 so I can get my MORTGAGE LOAN from BofA.... I guess that won;t happen now..I just have to wait...I paid my CC's down from 95% UTL to 33% UTL...and I PFD on collection account...PIF two others...one I only PIF because it was the oldest account and I didn't want to hirt score... WHAT'S GOING ON IS THIS NORMAL...ONLY 5 POINTS....
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FATHER'S JUDGMENT

Chances are you were re-bucketed. You are now being compared to others with similar reports instead of others who have public records on the CR.

As for the PIF instead of trying a PFD on the collection because of age.......I was told collection accounts don't count as age. Meaning if you have an open, good standing CC from 3 years ago and a collection from 4 years ago.......your oldest account is 3 years, the age of the collection is ignored. True or untrue......not sure......just what I was told.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FATHER'S JUDGMENT

Well the oldest account isn't really a collection...is derogatory...but it's from a car that i financed from 2003 that was stolen...it was a older car and because I didn't have full coverage I had to continue paying the note...well my father co signed and it was included in his bankruptcy...but I never paid because I didn't understood why there was still a balance...but when i called they said it was because bankruptcy paid what they did and there was still a $104 balance...silly...and they are reporting twice to EX so that a double wammy....but its reported never late/pays as agreed...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.