Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBCS for Asset Acceptance LLC Now what?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FBCS for Asset Acceptance LLC Now what?

I was sent a letter/ bill today from FBCS on behalf of Asset Acceptance LLC. Paraphrasing this is about what it says:
Our client Asset Acceptance LLC has authorized us to accept a 25% discount of your $2604.51 outstanding balance to settle the account in full. The complete details of your account are:
Client >                      Asset Acceptance LLC
Original Creditor>      Providian Financial
Account # >                 xxxxxxx
Outstanding Balance> $2064.51 (may include interest and fess)
File#>   xxxxxxxxx

(Then there terms and office hours and website to make payment)

This is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose. This is a communication from a debt collector. Unless you notify this office within 30 days after receiving this notice that you dispute this debt or any portion thereof, this office will assume this debt is valid. If you notify this office within 30 days from receiving this notice, this office will: obtain verification of the debt or obtain a copy of a judgement and mail you a copy of such judgement or verification. If you request this office in writing within 30 daysafter receiving this notice, this office will provide you the name and address of the original creditor, if different from the current creditor. 

Background:
1) The OC is a credit card that I defaulted on sometime back in 1995 or 1996 and was CO and went to Asset for collection. Asset is no longer on my CR's because of the 7yr reporting limit.
2) I live in Illinois and from what I've read I believe SOL is 5yrs for CC's. (Please correct me if I am wrong)

Now what?:
1) I am going to DV them first thing Monday CMRRR. This is what I should do correct?
2) They have not yet started reporting to the CRA's if they do I will dispute immediately.
3) Is it legal for a ca to collect for a ca?

If anyone has anything that might help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FBCS for Asset Acceptance LLC Now what?

My advice is to let sleeping dogs lie. The debt is past the reporting period and SOL. Ignore it and it will go away.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i dv'd fbcs (cause they kept calling) for a 10 year old bally's account that i'm sure we paid and it came back unable to validate, we're sending it back to asset. the next day got a letter from asset w/vauge account info on letterhead titled debt verification. i sent a foad letter to asset.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im with TNWM   ignore it..... IF they start calling then just send a short C&D letter  watch your CR  if it appears   go after them like a pitt bull!!  Other then that just trash the letter!

They can try
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My sister gets things like that from AFNI and others all the time. She gives them to me and I enjoy writing FOAD letters for her Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had a friend that heard from a Lawyer on behalf of Palisades - we Dv'd the lawyer, got a letter from him saying returning to Palisades, then heard form Palisades who were 'nice'enough' to provide basic account info that included the CO date - so basically gave her 'proof' of SOL and CRTP for the account.  They also said they would not pursue collection on the account.

Personally, I feel if you don't respond with a DV they think you are one of the many millions of morons that they try to intimidate and then decide to pursue you.  If they realize you know your stuff - they back off.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i agree NWM...
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.