Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCRA §609 Consumer Disclosures

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FCRA §609 Consumer Disclosures

FCRA §609(a)(1) compels a CRA to disclose to the consumer "all information in the consumer's file at the time of the request".

FCRA §623(a)(5) requires creditors to report DOFD to the CRA.

FCRA §603(g) defines a consumer file as "all of the information on that consumer recorded and retained by a consumer reporting agency regardless of how the information is stored."

It seems to me that if a consumer disclosure is subject to §609, then it's a violation if the CRA does not include the DOFD.

Anyone know whether all disclosures to consumers are subject to §609? Whether it's a FACTA request, a report purchased from the CRA or a reseller, an updated report after a dispute investigation is concluded, et al.?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FCRA §609 Consumer Disclosures

Funny-
I was looking at that exact section last weekend.

Tell you the truth I want the RAW data of my reports. I feel this entitles me to it.

I I thinking of complaining to Myfico for not including this important information in the report I purchase from them -

I have ALWAYS received an updated report either electronic or paper after every dispute-
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FCRA §609 Consumer Disclosures

MyFico might be considered a "reseller" and it seems they might get a pass.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.