Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO 8 vs. FICO 4?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO 8 vs. FICO 4?

Hey guys, just saw a 20 point jump on my FICO 8 score today from paying down CC's, but the FICO 4 didn't budge.  Do the other scores just not update as fast as the FICO 8 on here?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO 8 vs. FICO 4?

I believe that only the FICO 8 scores update at myFICO.  All the other FICO flavors you receive only once a year.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow only once a year for the other scores, I hope this is true, I only need 1 point on my FICO 4

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you describe a little bit more what you did with your CCs?  You said you paid them down.  Where was your utilization % and where is it now?  Your intuition is probably very sound: if the only thing that has changed is your utilization then a 20 point increase in FICO 8 should imply some increase in the other models too. 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah yes, previously my untilization was at 28%, paid them down to 14%

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can improve your score still more by paying your CCs down further.  On the other hand, if you are anticipating buying a home, you may be wanting to save that money toward your down payment.  Is it a home purchase you are looking at?  Do you have a timeline?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is already underway, being a VA loan, down payment is unnessesary

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best of luck!

Message 8 of 11
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

See also:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/The-many-flavors-of-FICO-Editions-version...

These additional scores are included when buying "3-Report View" from myFICO, or can be viewed free once yearly when buying monthly monitoring service (details here).
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there, Congrats on the big jump! The FICO 4 scores only update when you purchase a fresh report from myfico. Only the FICO 8 scores automatically update with the monitoring service. I am watching my scores like a hawk because we are applying for a mortgage in the next week so I pull fresh reports when I know a balance has significantly changed or something. I know that because of the alerts. Pulling fresh reports is a soft pull and won't affect your scores. GL!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.