Re: FICO 9

I hear you! I hope soon.

Message 3 of 7
IamB2
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When will FICO 9 begin?

It will be a while. It took 6 years to implement FICO 08 on this site for consumers. Think about how the lenders feel. They need to see more data to show that the new version, although pegged as such, is in fact better than the older one. Until that happens, well, you shouldn't expect to see widespread use of FICO 9.

Just out of curiousity, why are you so eager to get the new score anyway? Is it because of paid collections?

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 4 of 7
toi34
Established Contributor

Not in my case, but this particular model is arbitrary and draconian.
Message 5 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@IamB2 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When will FICO 9 begin?

It will be a while. It took 6 years to implement FICO 08 on this site for consumers. Think about how the lenders feel. They need to see more data to show that the new version, although pegged as such, is in fact better than the older one. Until that happens, well, you shouldn't expect to see widespread use of FICO 9.

Just out of curiousity, why are you so eager to get the new score anyway? Is it because of paid collections?

I'm not certain it's a purchaseable option yet for lenders from the CRA's; multi-step process to roll out a new algorithm.

This site was way behind the rollout of FICO 8 at least as far as lenders were using it; by many years in fact.  Can't read much into the versions that MyFICO has unfortunately compared to the credit market as a whole as there's no correlation.

I suspect sometime this year there will be some lenders who begin FICO 9 trials, and perhaps a few that even adopt it; it can be a six month or longer process in my experience for even shorter- term lenders to adopt a new scoring algorithm, and that's once they decide to actually consider the switch.

        
Message 6 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@toi34 wrote:
Not in my case, but this particular model is arbitrary and draconian.

It's not completely abritrary.  The factors that impact scoring are fairly well documented and frequently discussed here.  We all have to work with the same system.  Understand the factors and use that knowledge to work on your credit.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.