Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO/CREDIT SCORE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO/CREDIT SCORE

for the last 2 months I have been addicted to repairing my credit through freecreditreport.com and through there I have went from EP 524-554 EX 530-587 TU 534-587.  I was estatic in two months Ive raised my scores,,,,,then I subsribe to MyFico and buy my fico scores here,,,,and a big slap in the face my scores are lower now, more than i started with freecreditreport.com why such a big difference from there to here?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO/CREDIT SCORE

It's the "FAKO" vs. FICO factor. You are getting Experian's version of the formula. What really disappointed me was that I stayed on using freecreditreport.com knowing that they weren't accurate until I saw a nice raise of 45 points. I check myfico and there wasn't an increase on experian by a single point! 

Yet, on searching these boards there are people who find that their myfico scores are actually higher there than their "FAKOS."  However, I am finding using other sites useful in helping me finding additional errors that I can dispute and correct since they use different report formats.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

it is very frustrating see your scores going up and then look at your fico scores and they are lower than there were 2 months ago after spending about 15k in bad dept, 6 PFD, 2 payment in full on 2 CO I feel that the wind is out of my sails at this point after today noticing that my "new found" "fico" scores are lower after doing all that work spending all that money!!!!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible that any of what you have changed that is showing up on freecreditreport.com isn't yet on your myfico report? Maybe you are yet due for a small increase?
Message 4 of 8
Boswd
Valued Contributor

good point Experian does update a tad bit quicker than all the others.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

a few things have been updated but not all so just have to wait and see
Message 6 of 8
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Wink Funny thing, about the wind -- it always blows, sooner or later. Smiley Surprised)  So, don't be discouraged.  Now that you've found FICO, you know where you stand, and what you have to do ... one nautical mile at a time.... and there are so many here who will help you.

me

Message 7 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Remember to read the Scoring 101 thread!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.