Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Score Simulator 1 month vs 24 Months

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO Score Simulator 1 month vs 24 Months

Hello everyone - thank you for your time first off. I have a total credit card debt of $4,488. I've just paid off $3,200 of that debt reducing the total debt to $1,448. It has not reflected on my credit report yet because it has just been paid. But I thought I'd give the simulator a whirl and see what it might spit out. Now I know it is a simulator first and foremost. It automatically spit out a scenario of paying down my debt completely in 24 months it would raise my score like 80-90 points. Then I changed it to see what it would be if I changed it to 1 month and reduced the debt by the $3,000 and it only raised it around 30 points!? I thought I'd test it even further and arranged it so it paid off $3,000 of the debt across 24 months and it shot back up to 80-90 points. Is this some kind of glitch? Or am I missing something crucial here? I'd appreciate any clarification on the matter. Thanks!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.