Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Score Variations from MyFICO.com to Broker's Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO Score Variations from MyFICO.com to Broker's Report

Thank you for the encouragement.  I DID LEARN A LOT!  I'm just a little frustrated that all the so-called money experts have never mentions that there are many FICO scores.  I plan to stick around and learn all I can.  I learned I should have a lot more money for a downpayment next time.  Even better, cash!  Thanks for not calling me stupid to pay 22% interest! Grannie

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well said!  Also, Dave is not over 60 and, like me, doesn't plan on leaving my children anything because I have given it to them already.  Thank you for the pep talk.

Message 22 of 26
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the encouragement.  I DID LEARN A LOT!  I'm just a little frustrated that all the so-called money experts have never mentions that there are many FICO scores.  I plan to stick around and learn all I can.  I learned I should have a lot more money for a downpayment next time.  Even better, cash!  Thanks for not calling me stupid to pay 22% interest! Grannie

There are VERY few (if any) folks here that haven't done the same (or worse). That's why we understand and try and help others. We just ask that whatever you happen to learn here that you pay it forward to others.

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
6/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, if I'm among friends, I will confess that I did not apply for an auto loan at my credit union because I had gotten too many credit cards and am paying them off using a consumer credit counseling service.....California Consumer Credit Counseling Service.  I am almost finished..just a few more months.  I had to retire on disability and have incurred very expensive legal and medical bills.  Until it was resolved, I lived on my credit cards.  It has taken me a long time (5 years) to dig myself up this far.  My car totally died and I was forced into this situation.  I could have gotten a used car but a 2007 with 40,000 miles was the best I could do and it was only $968 cheaper.

Message 24 of 26
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, if I'm among friends, I will confess that I did not apply for an auto loan at my credit union because I had gotten too many credit cards and am paying them off using a consumer credit counseling service.....California Consumer Credit Counseling Service.  I am almost finished..just a few more months.  I had to retire on disability and have incurred very expensive legal and medical bills.  Until it was resolved, I lived on my credit cards.  It has taken me a long time (5 years) to dig myself up this far.  My car totally died and I was forced into this situation.  I could have gotten a used car but a 2007 with 40,000 miles was the best I could do and it was only $968 cheaper.

No one is going to judge you on what happened. We've all been there. These forums are chock full of folks whose stories run the gamut of mistakes and "Why did I do that?"  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
6/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

It feels good to have a place to share all my stupidity and misfortunes over the last few years.  I have told NO ONE!  I hope I can pay it forward, as you suggested.  It has taught me a lot about being down and out and not everyone who has big financial troubles could have prevented it.  Life just happens!  I have been buying a newspaper from every homeless person I've seen selling them and I have often given food to people outside eating places that looked like they could use a good meal and a place to live.  I guess if anything good has come from this, it's that I am a better person.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.