Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Score Watch question

tag
KhuKhu
New Contributor

FICO Score Watch question

Read many old threads on this topic...would like a current update...

Is the myFICO SW still the 'best' FICO Scorewatch out there? I think i will jump the gun and start getting a subscription, a few questions:

1. Is there a hard pull when I subscribe?

2. Does the FICO score update weekly or monthly?  Or does it update only when there is activity?

3. Do I need to set my target score as my current score for it to update daily/weekly/multiple times a month?

edited: thanks...

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FICO Score Watch question

SW was developed by both EQ and FICO and both Equifax.com and myFICO.com offers this product. Both differ in layout but the data is the same. 

1) always a soft pull, with a new soft pull with each new report purchase.

2) Speaking for myFICO's version, your FICO could update daily, weekly, monthly, or whenever your credit changes. It monitors your EQ report daily. Whenever there's a change like a balance change, a new account, new hard inquiry, and other items, then it'll alert you to that change and will provide you your EQ FICO if your FICO changed as a result of that report change. Absent changes to your report, then your EQ FICO is monitored for changes every 7-10 days and if it hit or surpassed your target score within your settings, then it'll alert your to your new EQ FICO.

3) ALWAYS set your target to exactly match your EQ FICO. As your FICO changes, then IMMEDIATELY reset your EQ FICO target score.

Message 2 of 3
KhuKhu
New Contributor

Re: FICO Score Watch question

@llecs wrote:

SW was developed by both EQ and FICO and both Equifax.com and myFICO.com offers this product. Both differ in layout but the data is the same. 

1) always a soft pull, with a new soft pull with each new report purchase.

2) Speaking for myFICO's version, your FICO could update daily, weekly, monthly, or whenever your credit changes. It monitors your EQ report daily. Whenever there's a change like a balance change, a new account, new hard inquiry, and other items, then it'll alert you to that change and will provide you your EQ FICO if your FICO changed as a result of that report change. Absent changes to your report, then your EQ FICO is monitored for changes every 7-10 days and if it hit or surpassed your target score within your settings, then it'll alert your to your new EQ FICO.

3) ALWAYS set your target to exactly match your EQ FICO. As your FICO changes, then IMMEDIATELY reset your EQ FICO target score.

Got it! Just subscribed. thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.