Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Scoring Models...everyone is not knowledgeable

tag
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Re: FICO Scoring Models...everyone is not knowledgeable

@Anonymous wrote:

Carmax is one example of a major auto lender/seller who appears to be using FICO 8 Classic (not the Auto score):

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Auto-Loans/Auto-Lender-That-Uses-Standard-FICO-Not-Auto-Enhanced/td-p/4662908

I suspect there are quite a few others.

Thanks!  I suspect that is what is going on with this credit union.  They may just use the standard EQ Fico score and not an enhanced version.  Thanks for the link!

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 11 of 14
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@A1Credit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Carmax is one example of a major auto lender/seller who appears to be using FICO 8 Classic (not the Auto score):

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Auto-Loans/Auto-Lender-That-Uses-Standard-FICO-Not-Auto-Enhanced/td-p/4662908

Thanks!  I suspect that is what is going on with this credit union.  They may just use the standard EQ Fico score and not an enhanced version.  Thanks for the link!

My small local CU (Only 2 branches) doesn't even use EQ Fico. For my car loan I asked the loan officer what my credit score was and she said "704". I asked if that was a Fico score and she seemed confused and replied "No, it's Equifax". Smiley LOL That matched my Credit Karma EQ score at the time, so I'm pretty sure it was just Vantage. A 60 mo. loan on a 2 year old car from Hertz at 1.99% APR (in Feb 2015), I'm not complaining.

Message 12 of 14
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@A1Credit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My small local CU (Only 2 branches) doesn't even use EQ Fico. For my car loan I asked the loan officer what my credit score was and she said "704". I asked if that was a Fico score and she seemed confused and replied "No, it's Equifax". Smiley LOL That matched my Credit Karma EQ score at the time, so I'm pretty sure it was just Vantage. A 60 mo. loan on a 2 year old car from Hertz at 1.99% APR (in Feb 2015), I'm not complaining.

Wow! That's great!  If only I could be so lucky. Smiley LOL

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ut oh, a reference of a lender possibly using a VS 3.0 score... I can think of a few members that would cry outrage at your post and one that would even call you a liar for stating such a thing!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.