Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO coupons

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO coupons

Oh well I've heard too many complaints of it not working and I dont want a "no changes" screen, I want to see my actual score even if it hasn't changed... Ideally I'd like to login and request my score with a limit of 4 per month...

Message 11 of 18
Gabbysouth
Established Member

just a tip I found out about last week: If you have a walmart.com credit card and you change your preferences so that you can get your monthly statements via email you can see your Transunion Fico score.  From what I saw it only changes once a month but still when I signed up I saw that I gone up 20 points from two weeks before when I had bought the transunion score with a 10% off coupon.  I had paid off a bill which is why it was higher. 

Out of repect to the OP please don't edit the title of the thread.

MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Edited to add: Open mouth and insert foot!!  LOL I just now relized that it was the OP who edited the title. My humble apologies for the mistake.  Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 18
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@Gabbysouth wrote:

just a tip I found out about last week: If you have a walmart.com credit card and you change your preferences so that you can get your monthly statements via email you can see your Transunion Fico score.  From what I saw it only changes once a month but still when I signed up I saw that I gone up 20 points from two weeks before when I had bought the transunion score with a 10% off coupon.  I had paid off a bill which is why it was higher. 

The Wal-Mart Transunion Fico score is not the same formula available here on myFico.

Message 13 of 18
Gabbysouth
Established Member

well it says FICO though.  and then it tries to sell you the myFICO report and takes you straight to myfico.com so you can pay the 20 dollars to get the report.

Message 14 of 18
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@Gabbysouth wrote:

well it says FICO though.  and then it tries to sell you the myFICO report and takes you straight to myfico.com so you can pay the 20 dollars to get the report.

It's a Fico score, but -- apparently -- it's not the same exact version availalbe here from myFico (TU98).

Message 15 of 18
Gabbysouth
Established Member

Thanks Stan, this is completely and totally bizarre to me.  Not only do we have to navigate all the crazy scores that are NOT FICO but we also have to look out for scores that are FICO but are not really FICO.   This is insane. 

Now I guess I will have to give myfico another 20 bucks for the Transunion score so i can confirm this for myself.

How do you know this? from this board? 

Thanks!

Message 16 of 18
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

stan_the_man wrote:

It's a Fico score, but -- apparently -- it's not the same exact version availalbe here from myFico (TU98).

No one knows what version it is. That hasn't been officially announced.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 17 of 18
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@stan_the_man wrote:

No one knows what version it is. That hasn't been officially announced.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

No one knows what version it is, but some people have tried to do the pulls on the same day and got different scores. So, it appears as though the concensus -- from what I read in the threads -- was that it couldn't be TU98.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.