cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO report says Equifax & Experian show derogatory payment history - Credit report doesn't show it.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO report says Equifax & Experian show derogatory payment history - Credit report doesn't show it.

Hi,

On the FICO dashboard report it says that Equifax shows me having one account with a late payment over 60 days late 4 yrs ago and Experian has me with 3 accounts with payments over 60 days late 2 yrs ago.  I went through my credit report and Equifax does not show any delinquencies for me ever and Experian shows one in May 2013 on an account that was discharged through BK7 in 2009.  So my FICO score is based on this incorrect information.  However, to dispute an incorrect item on your credit report it has to be there to dispute.  I have sent in a dispute for the one I found but Experian says there were three.  Equifax says there was one and there are none.  What do I do to get this fixed if it's a FICO reporting problem?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: FICO report says Equifax & Experian show derogatory payment history - Credit report doesn't

I would send a formal request to the CRA for disclosure of all identified derogs showing in your credit file.

A consumer is entitled to any information of record in their file as of the date of a request.  See FCRA 609(a).

Once you have receieved that disclosure directly from the CRA, you have their accurate statement of what is of record in your file.

Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: FICO report says Equifax & Experian show derogatory payment history - Credit report doesn't

Where did the reports come from?  Did you get them directly from each CRA?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.