Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO score by Discover

tag
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

FICO score by Discover

Mods, please feel free to move this thread to the appropriate forum.

I notice Discover has started to offer a free FICO score. I understand its a TU FICO and a certain model but my score as per this month's statement is 710. However, my EQ FICO as per myfico is 622. There hasn't been any change in the utilization at all so I wonder if the different scoring models out there (in itself FICO) are so wide in results.

Walmart Discover $10,000... Chase SW $8,500... Freedom $7,000... CSP $6,000... Amex Delta $3,000... Amex BCP $2,000... Local CU $1,500...
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DaylightSlaving
Regular Contributor

Re: FICO score by Discover

Mmm, the Discover fico scoring has been pretty accurate between the three scoring options I use.

From what I understand, certain CRAs are more conservative; Experian, for example. I could be wrong, though I've found that to be accurate in my experience.

Keep in mind you might have different agencies reporting different information as well. Smiley Wink For some, the left hand isn't talking to the right hand. Lol

Last App: 12/25/2013
TU: 743 (Discover) Ex: 718 (CS) Goal: 760+ Across All
Gardening Until 6/25/14+
Message 2 of 6
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

It's a TU score not EQ. That being said there are 49 different models of Fico scores. I believe it is TU08

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 6
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

my recent pull from BofA and the Barclays Fico from the Arrival are identical...looking forward to next week's Discover Fico to compare but expect it to be the same Smiley Happy
edit: all TU Fico
Message 4 of 6
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

My Discover it FICO and Barclaycard arrival FICO are identical.
Message 5 of 6
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

The program has it's plus and minuses. Obviously if you don't use the card, it won't generate a statement for the month which means you won't get a FICO score. I do use my Discover card occasionally but it's not my most used card so the free FICO wouldn't benefit me at all...

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.