Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO score dropped 40 points

tag
babygirl
Established Member

FICO score dropped 40 points

My score dropped from 662 to 622 after I opened 3 new accounts between October - Decemeber 2006 and one of them I missed the 1st payment just as an oversight due to illness this January.  Since then I have paid off 40% off a $500 balance on that account.  Can I ask the creditor to remove the late charge from my credit report ? The rest I have been paying on time and much more then the minimum.   Also, I have been eradacting the balances of old unpaid accounts.  Which I have one left which will be paid off by the end of April.  I have been working very hard to increase my scores since 10/2005 and went from 584 to 662 and now this. 
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can ask them whatever you want really, that doesn't m...

You can ask them whatever you want really, that doesn't mean they'll do it. However, you really don't have anything to loose by asking.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Generally, the answer will be no, but it's also worth ask...

Generally, the answer will be no, but it's also worth asking again when you've made on-time payments for two years.
Message 3 of 4
babygirl
Established Member

Easy Victory

I asked and they removed the late charge.   I explained I did not received my first bill in January, it may have got lost in the mail due to the holiday season.  Well, without that information I was unable to pay timely or setup my automatic payments with my bank etc.  They said since I have paid all the subsequent bill and sent other payments before the next bill cycle they did not have a problem removing the late charge.   Thanks!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.