cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO scores and collection items

tag

FICO scores and collection items

new user (just joined yesterday). EQ 657, TU 602, EX 576. No Collections on EQ, 2 each on TU and EX. (disputed them all online yesterday)

TU:
1) Current $422, Status Not Reported, Date assigned Dec 28, 2006
2) Current $1,028, Status Not Reported, Date assigned Jul 31, 2007

EX:
1) same as 2) above
2)Current $0 (original $326), Status (as of Feb 01, 2006) Paid account, Date assigned Sep 09, 2005

I have absolutely no connection to TU #1 and 2, or EX #1, and expect them to come off. EX #2 = old traffic ticket paid off over two years ago. Successfully disputed with EQ in 5/06 and I think there's a good chance it will come off EX this time too.

re: TU #1 and 2: in addition to disputing these items with TU, should I contact the CA directly as well?
re: FICO: Any idea how much I could expect those two FICO's to jump, assuming I get the collection items dropped?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Re: FICO scores and collection items

also - I see lots of posts here regarding goodwill letters. Is that to the original creditor (COUNTY COURT), or to the CA (ALL ONE)? Once the item has gone to collection is there anything the original creditor can do to get it deleted?
Message 2 of 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: FICO scores and collection items

Hi, bluto--welcome to the forums! Hope you don't mind my moving your thread: once the questions about CA's and GW's came up, I figured you'd get more responses here.

First things first: Have you read Credit Scoring 101? It's stickied at the top of this page, and it will give you a lot of the knowledge you need. Also, Frequently Requested Threads has links to GW --one second from the top, and another 6 from the bottom.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.