Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO scores have not changed...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO scores have not changed...

But, all my scores on other monitoring sites have? And, they've kinda tanked because of a recent app spree. My FICO scores are still good, though.

Which scores should I trust??
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FICO scores have not changed...

@Anonymous wrote:
But, all my scores on other monitoring sites have? And, they've kinda tanked because of a recent app spree. My FICO scores are still good, though.

MyFico isn't know to be the quickest if you have the 3 bureau monitoring.. It needs ike a HP to trigger an update on a bureau or a limit increase/decrease aka statement cut etc., even after that it can take several days to reflect.  If you really want to know you would obviously have to pull your ficos scores from here..  The 3b monitoring is meh at best for real time updates.  Just my take.  For $25 if you don't need up-to-date stuff it is decent to have an idea of scores, other then that you gonna have to pull your report/reports.  It has alot to be desired.

Message 2 of 6
hawaii-girl
Regular Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

MyFico isn't know to be the quickest if you have the 3 bureau monitoring.. It needs ike a HP to trigger an update on a bureau or a limit increase/decrease aka statement cut etc., even after that it can take several days to reflect.  If you really want to know you would obviously have to pull your ficos scores from here..  The 3b monitoring is meh at best for real time updates.  Just my take.  For $25 if you don't need up-to-date stuff it is decent to have an idea of scores, other then that you gonna have to pull your report/reports.  It has alot to be desired.

+1

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFico lags a few days. I have both MyFico and Experian and MyFico reports the score change 3-4 days after Experian does.

Message 4 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

This is a very common topic so don't overlook prior discussions.  Montitoring will require certain activity for updates.

@Anonymous wrote:

That's a twofold question (and another very common topic).

First off, the model you should "trust" is whatever model the creditor you're applying to uses.  While most creditors use a FICO model in their decisions they don't all use the same FICO model and the specific model will affect the score generated so you can't blindly "trust" one specific model.  You can't rely on a score generated by one model to determine a score generated by a different model even if both models are FICO's.  You should expect different algorithms to produce different results.

Second, the score generated most recently is based on the most current data in the report.  Your reports are not static and change over time so how recent the data is affects the score as well.

Keep in mind that it's the model, CRA and date of the data that all matter.  It's not so simple as" trust score X from Y all the time".

Message 5 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

(nm -- dupe)

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.