Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO stresses me out

tag
720ismygoal
Regular Contributor

FICO stresses me out

Hi all,

I've been stressed out lately, cant sleep, cant stop coming to myfico.com and asking bunch of questions. I want to stay about for at least for the rest of the year and come back in the new year. I feel likes its controlling my life hahahhaah. I'm constanly looking at my reports and buying myfico.com credti scores, I'm also waisting a lot of money. Do you guys feel the same way? if so, what do you do about it? please help.

Thanks!

Old Navy: AU $600----------------Walmart(store card): $900 & FICO: 680
Sears Mastercard: AU $300-----TU: FICO 652 April/2012
Emblemcard: $325------------------EQ: FICO 668 April/2012
Discover: $1,000-FICO 695 4/25/12---------Bringing home Amex in 2013!
Cap1: $750 Gardening mode until April 2013
Cap1: $500

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FICO stresses me out

MyFICO always has a way of bringing you back.

I used to order 3-4-5-6 times per month, though always a minimum of 3x back in the day. Now I'm once every other month. I never felt I was wasting month. Sure there were pulls when the info was relatively the same with no score change. I'd feel bummed but also grateful I didn't backslide. I figured that with every pull, I had that much more knowledge on how FICO viewed util, TL changes, added or removed TLs, etc. I didn't see that as a waste and because of that insight, I can accurately predict my score after changes occur.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are stressed out, garden. I am in the garden for the rest of the year. I am still looking at cards I want, trying to do the math on what rewards are best, etc. Also want to get my own cell phone plan and shop for better car insurance rates soon.

Gardening for a full year will allow me to reach my goals. Isn't that nice? Being able to reach your goals by just sitting back and letting time pass. Doesn't seem so stressful huh?

Hope that helped. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Rather than continually buying FICO reports sign up for a credit monitoring service that allows you to pull daily if you wish. Then you can easily monitor the changes in your reports. I use the USAA CMS. At about $12.00 a month it saves me money and worry. I don't pull every day (usually 3-4 times a month) but it lets me see when balances update and keeps me from worrying about any derogatory information suddenly appearing. You can pull FICO reports when there is a significant change or you need the info for a specific purpose.

I still purchase each of my FICO reports at just over a 30 day period. Just before they are due to drop off from being viewable. There has been no major change in months because my utilization has remained the same (about 20%), no new accounts, no new derogatory info but I still purchase them just to reassure myself that I am doing OK.

And of course the forums are completely addictive. I think I need to apply 12 steps to the forums but I don't have a desire to stop reading (or be entertained) so I don't qualify for membership as a FICO-holic.Smiley Tongue

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 11
kjm79
Valued Contributor

@720ismygoal wrote:

Hi all,

I've been stressed out lately, cant sleep, cant stop coming to myfico.com and asking bunch of questions. I want to stay about for at least for the rest of the year and come back in the new year. I feel likes its controlling my life hahahhaah. I'm constanly looking at my reports and buying myfico.com credti scores, I'm also waisting a lot of money. Do you guys feel the same way? if so, what do you do about it? please help.

Thanks!

It does control your life.  Lol.  I personally started here on myfico.  It can get costly.  I pull myfico scores here once a month or if something big has happened, major util increase or decrease for example.  I also get my free TU score from Walmart once a month (because that's all they allow, lol).  Now for report monitoring, I subscribe to SW for EQ (and the discounted power reports).  I subscribe to USAA for my EX only, and I subscribe to Truecredit for my TU (I got in with TC when is was 14.95/month and you get one free monthly tri-pull and daily TU pulls for that one price, extra tri-pulls were only 9.95).  AND, I go to CreditKarma, CreditSesame, Quizzle, for their limited free reports.  Towards the end of the rebuilding process I got so bored waiting for things to update or a score change.  That's when I started creating my spreadsheets that monitor my utilization, AAoA, payment dates, reporting dates, fall off dates, inquiries...The spreadsheet can be good a distraction.  You can fiddle around with them and see what kind of changes paying off one cc will do, or adding or deleting an account.  Things like that.  It can keep you occupied while you're waiting for something to happen.  Once you get bit, it's hard to let go of the FICO mentality.  Even when your scores are reached or you've got all the cc's you want, you still find yourself coming back here to see what's new, to share the advice you've been given or your personal experiences.  Really does become an extended family.  As you can tell from some of the petty bickering.  lol 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 5 of 11
FrugalRican
Blogger

Remember to enjoy life outside these forums and outside of FICO scores, it's not the end-all of my day. Smiley Happy

It's a nice day today, going to go walk on a trail near my apartment. A LOT better than sitting here worrying about how to best improve my score by November. ;-)

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 6 of 11
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@720ismygoal wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks!

In the same boat 720....it was becoming a real problem for me.  I was obsessed with my Fico score, checking credit report and scores daily, purchasing FICO scores  once sometimes twice a week.  I've stepped back from this madness the last few months and made a conscious effort not to check my reports or scores.  WHen I do get an alert, I do not go on to check...taking a break from it all.  As long as I'm paying on time, that's all I'm trying to be concerned about for a while.  We are more than a FICO score!!! Stand with me!!!!! LOL!Smiley Very Happy

Slowly building....
Message 7 of 11
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

Remember to enjoy life outside these forums and outside of FICO scores, it's not the end-all of my day. Smiley Happy

It's a nice day today, going to go walk on a trail near my apartment. A LOT better than sitting here worrying about how to best improve my score by November. ;-)

So true!Smiley Happy

Slowly building....
Message 8 of 11
720ismygoal
Regular Contributor

@TeeandDee wrote:

@720ismygoal wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks!

In the same boat 720....it was becoming a real problem for me.  I was obsessed with my Fico score, checking credit report and scores daily, purchasing FICO scores  once sometimes twice a week.  I've stepped back from this madness the last few months and made a conscious effort not to check my reports or scores.  WHen I do get an alert, I do not go on to check...taking a break from it all.  As long as I'm paying on time, that's all I'm trying to be concerned about for a while.  We are more than a FICO score!!! Stand with me!!!!! LOL!Smiley Very Happy

HAHAHAH! NICE! yeah, you're right! i need to stay away for a while. i would like to hold back until the first of the year and then start fresh with a new score and new reports. sometimes i can't sleep, becasue i'm taking fico, fico, fico, f#cken fico!!!! dam! lol!!! i'm going to just slimply stop this madness and take a long, happy vacation.

Message 9 of 11
720ismygoal
Regular Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

Thanks for pulling back to reality. I need that rest. my mind is tired of seeing number go up and numbers going down. I've learned so much, but its time to say goodbye until next year. I have so much to do during the summer and i really can't be distracted with these forums, although i will truely miss all you guys! Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.