Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fair collections & Outsourcing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fair collections & Outsourcing

I posted this in Rebuild your credit and didn't get any responses so I thought I would repost here and see what I get:

I have a collection for unpaid rent with Fair Collections & outsourcing, it's very recent, reported on 4/08.  My question is: has anyone had any luck doing a PFD with this CA?  Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Jennifer
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fair collections & Outsourcing

OMG, I have an account with these people also.  They are unbelieveable, they don't seem to care if they ever get paid. I ve tried everything and all they claim they are able to do is update as paid, they will not remove, not even for full payment.  I am trying to find the exact info on validation because I think my loop hole might be that they have failed to provide me with a bill of sales from carpet replacement  that was charged to my account when I moved out of 4rs ago!!....

contact me we'll compare notes.
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applebee,
Thank you so much for the information. I figured they were pretty nasty people.  The one time I spoke with them on the phone the guy was a very MEAN man.  Mine is very new, just reported 4/08.  I want to do a PFD and have the money to pay in full.  I have  the vice president and CEO's names, thought maybe I would send it to one of them.  I guess all I can do is try. 

Message Edited by jennifer143 on 05-08-2008 05:37 AM
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

it won't hurt, make sure you document everything and send out certfiyed with return recepit.  I have been dealing with them for 2 yrs and it's been pointless.  They either ignore my validation request (they will send everything execpt what I asked for) or claim I can do what I want.  It's like they don't want to get paid.  Your account is so recent.....did you respond in the 30 days that would have prevented them from posting it if you paid?   Is it posted on all three credit reports?
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

it won't hurt, make sure you document everything and send out certfiyed with return recepit.  I have been dealing with them for 2 yrs and it's been pointless.  They either ignore my validation request (they will send everything execpt what I asked for) or claim I can do what I want.  It's like they don't want to get paid.  Your account is so recent.....did you respond in the 30 days that would have prevented them from posting it if you paid?   Is it posted on all three credit reports?
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's only posted on EQ.  Just looked at my CR it says the date opened is 1/08 and date reported is 4/08.  I didn't know to respond within 30 days to prevent it from posting.  So if they refuse to do a PFD but will mark it as paid, when it is paid in full,  does that look as bad as an unpaid collection?  
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps that could be your argurment, that you never recieved notice till now?.....

It looks horrible to pay it and still have it posted, still reflects really poorly on you.  I only have it posted on Experidian (Eqiifax had it but I showed them proof of all my attempts to valiate and someone was nice enough to take it off).  This account was reported in 11/05 so the impact to my score is minimal... if I paid it will probably bring it down since it will make it a recent activity (of the negative kind).  I'm even afraid that it I pay it they will then report to all 3 and now I'll have a collections record on the other two that I currently don't have (bringing down my score).  If you are trying to get another rental or something else you will have to pay it and add a statement to ur credit report explaining it  but that statement  doesn't do much either.....

I don't know what to tell you, its so unfortunate because they are idiot.  I am consdiering writing to the FTC because something needs to be done with these people.
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.  I'm going to send the PFD anyway, maybe I'll get someone in a good mood!  Wish me luck!!!  I'll keep you posted.
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have a phone number for them?
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't call CA's !!!!!!!!!!!

mizizblo wrote:
Does anyone have a phone number for them?

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.