Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fako scores??

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Fako scores??

Just curious...about how much difference in scores in between usaa monitioring and real ficos........what are the average score differences...just trying  to get an idea before i get my utilization own....i dont want to pay or a new score here till everything clears

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
adavis425
Established Contributor

Re: Fako scores??

That's the $64 question. There really doesn't seem to be any corelation. Mine have been as close as 5 points and as far off as 50, but there is no formula to figure out the difference. If someone has figured this one out, I would really like to know.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 2 of 8
bbrannan
Regular Contributor

That would be interesting to know. My FAKOs are waaaaay off...for instance - my EQ FAKO is 661 but my EQ myFICO is 722! If anyone figures out a forumla, please share! Thanks!

Cards: AMEX Zync NPSL, AMEX BCE, NFCU LOC $15K, NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards $14K, NFCU Flagship Visa Signature $14K, USAA Platinum M/C $3.5K, USAA AMEX $2K, Capital One Cash Rewards $3.5K, WalMart $10K, Lowes $10K, Home Depot $8250, Amazon $4K, Discover IT $1K

Starting Score: EX: 570 EQ: 520 TU 602
Current Score: AMEX EX:717 MyFico EQ 688 Walmart TU 749 MyFico TU 740
Goal Score: 750+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@bbrannan wrote:

That would be interesting to know. My FAKOs are waaaaay off...for instance - my EQ FAKO is 661 but my EQ myFICO is 722! If anyone figures out a forumla, please share! Thanks!

There is no formula to share because of the nature of the scoring systems. While all scoring systems take basic things into account, such as util and payment history, they don't integrate them into their scoring models the same way. IOW, the algorithms used to generate the scores are different, and since so many variables are put into play and are weighted differently, there is no direct way to convert them from one scoring model to the other, as that would require a linear approach.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 4 of 8
bbrannan
Regular Contributor

You know? I think that I already knew that in my head and just was hoping that there MIGHT be a formula...wishful thinking I suppose! ha oh well!

Cards: AMEX Zync NPSL, AMEX BCE, NFCU LOC $15K, NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards $14K, NFCU Flagship Visa Signature $14K, USAA Platinum M/C $3.5K, USAA AMEX $2K, Capital One Cash Rewards $3.5K, WalMart $10K, Lowes $10K, Home Depot $8250, Amazon $4K, Discover IT $1K

Starting Score: EX: 570 EQ: 520 TU 602
Current Score: AMEX EX:717 MyFico EQ 688 Walmart TU 749 MyFico TU 740
Goal Score: 750+ across the board

Message 5 of 8
firesoul453
Contributor

My fako score has always been lower than my fico score. And fako score also decent to show whether your score is generally going up or down.

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 6 of 8
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@bbrannan wrote:

There is no formula to share because of the nature of the scoring systems. While all scoring systems take basic things into account, such as util and payment history, they don't integrate them into their scoring models the same way. IOW, the algorithms used to generate the scores are different, and since so many variables are put into play and are weighted differently, there is no direct way to convert them from one scoring model to the other, as that would require a linear approach.

+1

my CK fako has allways been in a 20 point range even though my FICO scores have gone from 640's to 720's, a range of 80 pts.  and even when I had the highest fico my fako wasn't at its highest during the same period. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 7 of 8
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@firesoul453 wrote:

My fako score has always been lower than my fico score. And fako score also decent to show whether your score is generally going up or down.

Not necessarily.  They can trend in opposite directions.  I've seen my Vantage score go up by about 20 points on the same day my Transrisk score has tanked 60 points, all the while my FICO score didn't change.

There's no way to correlate these scores.  As mentioned above, the different scoring systems deliberately weight information differently (They also often use different scales as well, so you would need to adjust the score to compensate for the difference in the scale first anyway).  But more importantly, a credit score is an attempt to reduce a very large amount of information to a single metric.  So it's like a lossy compression algorithm.  When you compress the data in the report to a credit score, you lose lots of information.  In other words, a FAKO or FICO score of 680 is not unique to a report, it describes an extremely large range of reports with various combinations of accounts.  So you can't glean much if anything out of your FAKO/FICO score to attempt to then deduce how the other scoring system would score your report. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.