Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Federal Rules Re Negative Info on CRs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Federal Rules Re Negative Info on CRs

guiness56 wrote:
Yes, I know that form stays with you for your entire time in the service. I have a TS/SCI and every 5 years it is redone. Right now, my clearance is a stake and I lost my job, hopefully temporarily, due to credit issues. It is still the same form, just done electronically now. Makes it easier to fill out.

Message Edited by guiness56 on 03-07-2008 05:27 PM

I sincerely hope your situation works out for you.  I know of many people who worried more than once about their clearance for one reason or another, including myself.  The stress that they appeared to be under was undeniable.  For the great majority of these people I have known, it all worked out in the end.  

I am fully retired now and have been since 05'.  Thankfully, worrying about a clearance is no longer really a concern of mine. 

Again, best of luck. 
Message 31 of 34
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

When I was in the USMC, I had a TS/SCI clearance and I was so clueless as to what was going on with the form and the FBI snooping around my high school and old neighborhood and all. I was 18 and had no credit at all, so I wasn't aware of the potential issues.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 34
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I have been in for 22 years, 16 active, 6 reserve. I have always known that credit issues can cause problems, just never thought it would happen to me. It is more of the way it happened than what actually happened (repo). Anyway, I have made great strides to fix what I can on my CR. Both of you will understand when I say, they do not care if I owe it or not, they want it paid. Period. So, I have done that with a few. The really sad thing is, I only have a total of $21,000 in debt. This includes things I am current on. My bad things are about $15,000 including the car. I find out on 14 Mar if I am allowed to return to my job.
Message 33 of 34
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Guiness, I wish you the best of luck. Will send some prayers up for you.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.