Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling a little defeated today

tag
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Feeling a little defeated today

I have made some great progress getting my credit cleaned as of late, and as such have been attempting to help my ex-fiance' get her stuff cleaned up as well.  

She had a medical account that was supposed to have been paid by her insurance and some how things got mixed up and it fell into collection. We contact the OC and the CA and eventually got the insurance to pay the bill.

I noticed that the account updated on her CR's as PIF but they didn't delete the collection. This morning I told her to call and refuse to take NO for an answer if they refused to delete the items.

Sure enough, she called and tried the "nice guy" approach first. Explained the situation, the confusion between insurance and everything and asked them to delete. The lady refused, she said the same nonsense all of us have heard here.....

Its our duty to report correct and accurate information.

She argued, begged, pleaded, and groveled and the dragon lady refused. At this point I stepped in and snatched the phone, arguing that what she was doing was wrong, damaging peoples credit effects their lives, happiness, and future. The debt has been paid, it was not her fault, and let it go.

I was floored when this CRAP HEAD said "Well, maybe you should have paid the bill in the first place".

WTF! It was not even her fault, it was the incompetent hospital that made the mistake.

Then this worthless piece of trash on the end of the line feels she has the right to INSULT me.

I swear, she is lucky they are located in California cause I would be on my way to her office to shove my number 10.5 up her butt.

Message Edited by ngerasimatos on 03-28-2008 09:37 AM
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Feeling a little defeated today

I'm sorry she was so rude and unwilling to compromise.  Don't give up!  Today I received a delete from the 2nd letter I sent to this CA.   Try someone else, you'll get em!  Don't let her ruin your weekendSmiley Happy 
Message 2 of 6
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

I just don't understand why they refuse to delete a PAID account. Big deal! They got their money, leave everyone alone.

I actually had a company tell me one time that they don't delete because it costs them too much. WTF! It doesn't cost them ANYTHING!

800+ Club
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I am correct this is technically illegal - since it was "INACCURATE" and wasn't her fault and was messed up. I would do a DV and get the CRAs involved. You could also call that b***h of a lady back and tell her your lawyer will be contacting them next since what they are doing is illegal since it is not a valid collection.

Also - was this the OC or the CA you were talking with? If it was the CA you could go to the OC and get them to take care of it. Either way, best of luck - but the DV approach would be best because if they don't validate it properly with ALL of the facts they are in violation and you CAN take them to court and nail them for everything. Good Luck!
Message 4 of 6
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

The OC was a hospital, we were talking to the CA.

I advised her to call requesting the deletion as the debt came back as verified when we dispute with the CRA's.

Message Edited by ngerasimatos on 03-28-2008 11:07 AM

800+ Club
Message 5 of 6
dragnldy
Regular Contributor

"She argued, begged, pleaded, and groveled and the dragon lady refused. "
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know, I almost could take offense to that. Smiley Wink  Of course, I'm such a sweet, kind, gracious person all the time....
Ficos
3/7/08 TU-646 EQ-640 EX-650
3/17/09 TU-678 EQ 666
3/20/12 TU- 760 EQ 785
Util almost 0 and baddies all gone! now to gardening!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.