Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few more questions

tag
Macchamps75
Regular Contributor

Few more questions

1.) I have a auto loan from back in 2003 that is still showing "Open" on my equifax. It has been paid and is current with all payments on time. but at the top of my TC it shows a higher ammount of monthly payment because of it vs my other reports. Should i get this taken off? I called the bank they said that its not in the computers any more but they could remove the account in full if i wanted to.

2.) I e-mailed Lisa and the CEO of NCO about my account that i had paid from 2 years ago i paid the OC and never got a letter from them or anything i paid before they could even send me one. I got a letter in the mail today saying they would not take off any info they sent the CRA. What to do now?

3.) What happens if i dispute hard pulls and i did them? I have 51 on my equifax report in the past 2 years i know only year last year counts but would like some of them gone. I pulled some then a auto dealer i went to pulled the rest over about a 6 or 7 month span. i know they screwed me but what happens if i dispute and they come back as mine? I forgot which one i did and did not do since then. Would they put an alert on my account or anything if i did a dispute of a bunch at one time?

4.) Anybody have any luck with Sallie Mae latley? working on my 6th GW in about 5 months for an account that was paid back in 05 in full with a 90 day late.
3/04/2008: TU 555 EQ 532 EX 581
9/25/2014: TU 563 EQ 691 EX 655

Cards: CO 1500CL, CO 500CL CU 5,000CL
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Few more questions

I would leave the car loan alone.  GW NCO over and over.  I would never dispute inquiries that you initiated.  For one, the creditors you inquiried will think something is fishy with your credit because the CRA's are asking them to verify it was you that was seeking credit.  Now these creditors think someone is trying to ID theft you, and likely any account you got from them will be closed, and they may think twice about extending you credit in the future.  Also, yes, you can get a fraud alert put on your credit report, this isnt always a bad thing, but if you plan on seeking credit, it can make things difficult.  Basically, I would never suggest disputing inquiries.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macchamps75 wrote:
1.) I have a auto loan from back in 2003 that is still showing "Open" on my equifax. It has been paid and is current with all payments on time. but at the top of my TC it shows a higher ammount of monthly payment because of it vs my other reports. Should i get this taken off? I called the bank they said that its not in the computers any more but they could remove the account in full if i wanted to.

Is this your oldest account? If you dispute it, the bank probably won't respond to the dispute if it isn't in their computers anymore. Which means the whole account could be deleted. That may affect your score negatively.

2.) I e-mailed Lisa and the CEO of NCO about my account that i had paid from 2 years ago i paid the OC and never got a letter from them or anything i paid before they could even send me one. I got a letter in the mail today saying they would not take off any info they sent the CRA. What to do now?

Is NCO showing paid, $0 balance? I'd DV them.

3.) What happens if i dispute hard pulls and i did them? I have 51 on my equifax report in the past 2 years i know only year last year counts but would like some of them gone. I pulled some then a auto dealer i went to pulled the rest over about a 6 or 7 month span. i know they screwed me but what happens if i dispute and they come back as mine? I forgot which one i did and did not do since then. Would they put an alert on my account or anything if i did a dispute of a bunch at one time?

First, disputing accurate information is against the rules and we will never suggest that here. Second, you can NOT dispute inquiries. Third, inquiries remain for only 2 years, hurt for only 1 year. The more you have the less each additional inquiry hurts. My spouse had an inquiry from Feb removed due to non-PP and score changed 0........had 3 other inquiries.

4.) Anybody have any luck with Sallie Mae latley? working on my 6th GW in about 5 months for an account that was paid back in 05 in full with a 90 day late.

Was it just a single 90 day late for 2005?

Message 3 of 11
Macchamps75
Regular Contributor

nco is showing paid 0 ballance. It was a cell phone company that i paid and nco bought it from them before i paid them. DV them you think?

I will let the inq's die off in the next year and be done with it.

for sallie mae it was a single 90 day late. There was a 5 dollar fee for paying over the phone i paid the full ammount then had the 5 dollar fee it was 90 days till i found out about the fee. So it shows 90 day late then paid off. 0 ballance no collection but a 90 day late. Got any ideas?

Thanks sidewinder and fender

Message Edited by Macchamps75 on 05-11-2008 08:15 AM

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd just keep GW'ing Sallie Mae. I have a feeling they are going to be under pressure with the recent changes they made to people's CR. Might get something done.

I know a single 30 day late past 2 years old doesn't really affect much, but I'm unsure about a single 90 day late. I'll do some checking.
Message 5 of 11
Macchamps75
Regular Contributor

thanks, you would DV NCO?

Message 6 of 11
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

sidewinder wrote:
I'd just keep GW'ing Sallie Mae. I have a feeling they are going to be under pressure with the recent changes they made to people's CR. Might get something done.

What changes are you speaking of?  I have a SM acct & in the process of GW'ing them as well.
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look at the most recent threads regarding Sallie Mae.

They have started placing comments on the accounts such as "agreement to pay less than full payment" or something to that effect.

Dropping ppl's scores.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 05-11-2008 10:09 AM
Message 8 of 11
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Thanks sidewinder.  Mine was PIF in 05, but I still have some neg's Smiley Mad
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 11
Macchamps75
Regular Contributor

i am in the same boat with one 90 day late

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.