Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few questions about collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Few questions about collections

I just signed up for ScoreWatch and have a few questions for anyone willing to answer them.

Collection accounts(listed under "account" portion of CR, not under "collections" ) that state "open account" under credit type and shows no late payments, just that it is 120+ days past due under status----

Which would have more of a positive impact on my score,  Paying off the account and letting it remain on my CR as paid and never late or do a PFD?

Same account listed by two different collection agencies....one has it listed under "accounts" portion of CR and other has it listed under "collections".----

Which should I dispute or both?

Should I dispute through ScoreWatch or directly with Equifax?

Thanks

Message Edited by sidewinder on 08-29-2007 08:27 PM
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Few questions about collections

One other question....On my TU CR it states this under a collection

Remarks: 
 [TransUnion] Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements

I did dispute it about a year ago, but never heard nothing. Does this mean they found the informatin accurate?

Thanks
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

what is the DOFD on the collections? and what is your SOL?

Message Edited by HappyDays on 08-29-2007 11:30 PM
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do I find that?   SOL is 10 years for written contracts/promissory notes. 5years for oral contracts/open accounts.

I found this information on bankrate:

Debt collectors may not:

Collect any amount greater than your debt, unless your state law permits such a charge.

How do you know if your state permits this?

Message Edited by sidewinder on 08-30-2007 05:58 AM
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements

I did dispute it about a year ago, but never heard nothing. Does this mean they found the informatin accurate?

I have that showing for some of my accounts as well?  Did you ever hear what that means? or does anyone know?
Thanks

Message 5 of 10
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

gjo wrote:

I have that showing for some of my accounts as well?  Did you ever hear what that means? or does anyone know?
Thanks

That's the CRA go away response.. ask for MOV.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which would have more of a positive impact on my score,  Paying off the account and letting it remain on my CR as paid and or do a PFD?

If I do a PFD and the CA accepts, they agree to remove and not report it anymore, does this keep the OC from going back and reporting it?
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

gjo wrote:

Thanks

both of you need to read this

we all have different monitors and things show up different. It is better to copy direct from CR when asking questions.  People that do not have the same TU or SW any of them do not understand what you are saying because they do not see it.

gjo....that means that you disputed it & it was verified.

Next time start your own chat.  It is hard to answer more then 1 person at a time. you will get more people answering you.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

sidewinder wrote:
I just signed up for ScoreWatch and have a few questions for anyone willing to answer them.

Collection accounts(listed under "account" portion of CR, not under "collections" ) that state "open account" under credit type and shows no late payments, just that it is 120+ days past due under status----

Which would have more of a positive impact on my score,  Paying off the account and letting it remain on my CR as paid and never late or do a PFD?

Same account listed by two different collection agencies....one has it listed under "accounts" portion of CR and other has it listed under "collections".----

Which should I dispute or both?

Should I dispute through ScoreWatch or directly with Equifax?

Thanks

Message Edited by sidewinder on 08-29-2007 08:27 PM

how is it shown on all CRAs???  is it just on 1?

Always dispute all at the same time.
SOL....if it is 5 years means  the OC or CA can file a lawsuit. that is why SOL is important.
 sometimes on your CR the bad account is only shown 1 time for a CA. BUT might look like 2 on SW.

NOW a OC can show also at the same time BUT it will show as a CO.

Before you dispute look at your CR and see if it is in 2 places.

What is the dates on these????

First we dispute    then we start with DV  PFD  PIF. after dispute & something is incorrect  MOV the CRA
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message Edited by sidewinder on 09-03-2007 01:07 AM
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.