Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico 3 Bureau Credit Monitoring vs. Eliminate ID Theft

tag
mjfan82

Fico 3 Bureau Credit Monitoring vs. Eliminate ID Theft

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have experience with either? I'm currently using eliminateidthef (myprivacymatters) for me and my spouse. The problem I'm having is that sometimes the information gets mixed up if I log into my spouse's account right after mine. I like the idea of the FICO monitoring service. Does it offer daily pulls? Also does it include FICO scores or FAKO scores? Thanks! 

Transunion 600
Experian 552
Equifax 595

Goal
680 across the board!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Amleigh
Regular Contributor

Re: Fico 3 Bureau Credit Monitoring vs. Eliminate ID Theft

Myfico does not offer daily pulls like Eliminate ID (only alerts and score updates). The scores are actually FICO scores. I have both because I'm rebuilding and watching my credit like a hawk! I will most likely drop the ID theft once I've met my credit goals. :-) 

Starting Score: 467 EQ 514 TU 583 EX
Current Score: 531 EQ 567 TU 601 EX
Goal Score: EQ 742 TU 742 EX 742

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
onepointatatime
Contributor

I have the 3 bureau credit monitoring service, I just purchased it yesterday.  It also comes with a one-time credit report from all 3 lenders, though it seemed to be missing some details and I didn't notice a list of soft pulls, only hard...  I don't know anything about the ID theft product

Sep 2013: mid 500s | Sep 2014: myfico: EX 539 | EQ 594 | TU 694 || My Rebuilding Journey
myfico, 12/3/2015: EX 666 | EQ 677 | TU 689 | AAoA : 3y | INQs (12/24) EX 11/13 | EQ 5/9 | TU 4/7
Cards: Chase Sapphire Pref. $6K | BoA Travel Rewards $1.6K | Cap1 QS Rewards $7.5K | Priceline $0.5K | Credit Union $2K | Total (5) Revolving CLs: $17.6K
Goal Score 2015: FICO08 800+
Message 3 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

EIDT does offer daily pulls whereas myFICO does not but EIDT has a kludgy interface.  You really have to determine which service would work best for you.  Don't overlook the other options discussed in the CMS Thread.

If logging in one after the other with EIDT is an issue then you may want to close out all browser sessions between logins,  or clear out all cache and cookies between logins or use different browsers for each login.

@onepointatatime wrote:

I didn't notice a list of soft pulls

You can only see softs by purchasing reports directly from the CRA's (and not via their monitoring services).

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since the 3B monitoring service provided by MyFICO has not worked for me (read my ongoing log) or many others, it seems to me you have more of a chance of getting reports with anything but them.

Message 5 of 6
mjfan82

Thanks for your responses. How often does MYFICO update? 

Transunion 600
Experian 552
Equifax 595

Goal
680 across the board!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.