Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico 570 UGH

tag
Reyesz
Valued Member

Fico 570 UGH

We recently purchased a car to build up our Credit How many on time payments have to show before it affects the Fico score

I purchased Scorewatch

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fico 570 UGH

Do you have any other loans or open accounts?

Generally, you won't see a bump for on-time payments. Weird, but FICO really doesn't care about on-time payments but definitely cares about missed payments. If this is your first open account that is open now, then YMMV on a score change. I'd guess a small dip. If you have others, then I'd also guess a small drop, but you'd recover those points inside of a year in either case. As the account gets older, then it'll help your history. You really won't notice any score changes, but as it gets older than your AAoA, then it'll continue to help.

Message 2 of 4
Reyesz
Valued Member

Do you have any suggestionsSmiley Sad I will be paying off all the Debts in August

I do own a Home we purchased on a contract for deed 3 years ago all on time payments

and just recently purchased a car with a loan

Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Will some of that debt payoff include revolving utilization? If so, expect a nice score bump if you have a big change in revolving util.

Take a look at your EQ FICO report. On page 2 of that report you'll see a list of postive and negative things. Focus on the negative items. #1 on the list is what hurts the most. Also, do you have any baddies? There are steps you can take to get your reports looking better.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.