Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico Score 9

tag
bsal
Frequent Contributor

Fico Score 9

Has anybody notice that their Fico 9 scoring is alot loswer then score 8 ? so are all consumers moving towards fico 9 ? this is bad for me

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fico Score 9

@bsal wrote:

Has anybody notice that their Fico 9 scoring is alot loswer then score 8 ? so are all consumers moving towards fico 9 ? this is bad for me

It's just like the FICO 8 implementation, some are up and some are down, but since we don't have regular access to FICO 9 it's hard to really state any sort of conclusively yet what the differences are.

For example, my EQ FICO 8 is in my signature, my EQ FICO 9 is a 780, and I just can't for the life of me fathom why it's a 780 but my EX FICO 9 is not unless FICO 9 harshly, and I mean HARSHLY penalizes very recent inquiries, presumably as an anti-application-spree measure.  We're talking 75 points lower, it's pretty head-scratching when I went over the reports with a fine tooth comb and the only difference is a very recent inquiry and some additional older inquiries from back in last August.  Can compare my EQ / EX FICO 8's from siggy, they're in line with each other, and FICO 9 was supposed to be way closer scores for identical reports than even FICO 8 as I understood the marketing literature and the FICO business requests from their consumers correctly.

        
Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Fico Score 9

@bsal wrote:

It's ont whether consumers move to it that matters.  It's whether or not creditors move to it for their credit decisions.

Don't assume that there are fixed offsets or fixed trends between any 2 scoring models -- especially based on a single data point.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.