Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico Score 9

tag
gurusexy
Regular Contributor

Fico Score 9

Any anecdotes of lenders starting to pull this? havent seen or head anything of the sort so far, so I am guessing adoption must be sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow! Smiley Very Happy

400K+ in open revolvers. 8% UTIL,
Inquiries- TU:2, EQ:2, EX: 3
Starting Scores: 6/12 EX: 613 11/13 TU:614
06/18: F08EX: 781; F08EQ: 787; F08TU:769 Short term goal: 800+ across all 3 Bureaus. Last app 07/19 (BBVA Personal Loan - Approved with Hard pull).
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Fico Score 9

@gurusexy wrote:

Any anecdotes of lenders starting to pull this? havent seen or head anything of the sort so far, so I am guessing adoption must be sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow! Smiley Very Happy

No but Union Bank is offering free FICO 9 scores.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 2 of 12
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

I'm glad they're not. The Fico 9 scores for me are 20 - 40 points lower than the Fico 8 scores I have.  

Message 3 of 12
tiffjtiffj
Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

I'm glad they're not. The Fico 9 scores for me are 20 - 40 points lower than the Fico 8 scores I have.  

This x100000000000 ! I'm just turning the corner.

Current EQ 634 TU08 670 EX 627
Garden: Take #25 (2017 - ouch)
2017 Goals: Citi Premier
Message 4 of 12
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

My credit union, Redstone Federal, uses FICO 9 Experian, which is 44pts lower than my EX FICO 8. Smiley Sad
And it appears that FICO 9 is quite sensitive to inquiries.
Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 5 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@ls2016 wrote:
My credit union, Redstone Federal, uses FICO 9 Experian, which is 44pts lower than my EX FICO 8. Smiley Sad

Wow, that's the first lender I've heard of using it!

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 6 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@sjt wrote:

@gurusexy wrote:

They do?  On the Union Pay card or just in general?  FICO Open Access presumably?

The servicing on my mortgage just got sold to them, where somehow I'm supposed to make a payment to Union Bank (according to Chase) 2/1-2/15 and I won't get a letter until sometime after 2/16, and people wonder why folks complain about their accounts getting transfered, it's stupidity like this.  Later it assures me that my autopay will transfer over, heaven forbid I was making manual payments though.  Kicked a payment to the account early anyway to prevent any additional crap but who does that normally?

Guess I get a new online interface, wonder if they pull a score on AR's for mortgage loans?

        
Message 7 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@ls2016 wrote:

Can be depending on file though my data on EX FICO 9 is a bit underwhelming since I never really had an interest in tracking inquiries (though I did take a non-trivial drop on FICO 8 at 6 inquiries assuming the CU inquiry counts as I presume that it does, 5 if not I guess).

This is a sloppy analysis since the bureau implenetations are different though FICO did state FICO 9 goes a long way towards correcting that, and I have had EQ/EX FICO 9 scores be close to identical and the two files are tradeline identical, whereas previously EQ/EX have always been offset by a non-trivial amount.

I did have one point where my EX FICO 9 was 40ish points below EQ FICO 9, after a recent inquiry, but as it aged it went back to the 780ish I was at previously but haven't figured out how much of that was a factor, my EQ FICO 9 (where I have less inquiries historically and currently) only moved like 11 on an inquiry so I'm guessing bin thresholds and resulting scores may have changed.

Another interesting but stupid point on my file: my EX and TU FICO 9 scores are close with each other (765-775 depending on specific industry option, TU is somewhat lower admittedly), EX with 6 inquiries, TU with 1 inquiry left and a 30D from 10/15, and presumably if my TU didn't have the late it'd be on the 790+ EQ FICO 9 is at by the same sloppy rationale as above.

        
Message 8 of 12
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@gurusexy wrote:

They do?  On the Union Pay card or just in general?  FICO Open Access presumably?

The servicing on my mortgage just got sold to them, where somehow I'm supposed to make a payment to Union Bank (according to Chase) 2/1-2/15 and I won't get a letter until sometime after 2/16, and people wonder why folks complain about their accounts getting transfered, it's stupidity like this.  Later it assures me that my autopay will transfer over, heaven forbid I was making manual payments though.  Kicked a payment to the account early anyway to prevent any additional crap but who does that normally?

Guess I get a new online interface, wonder if they pull a score on AR's for mortgage loans?

Its Union Bank in California that offer FICO 09 score to their credit card (Visa) customers. Union Pay Cards are issued by ICBC Bank (USA) in the US.

Not sure if Union Bank uses FICO 09 scores for their lending.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup.  And it is the FICO 9 Bankcard Enhanced score. 

https://www.unionbank.com/personal-banking/loans-lines-credit/credit-cards/fico-information.jsp

I was hoping to discover that they might give you a free FICO 9 if you opened a savings or checking account with them, but the rep I just spoke with that it you only get it through one of their VISA cards.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.