Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico or Fico 8 monitoring

tag
tbea1004
Frequent Contributor

Fico or Fico 8 monitoring

I would like to start monitoring my credit with one of the MyFico products. They offer the Fico and the Fico 8 monitoring service. I am not really worried about getting a home right. I am focused on getting a couple cards and maybe a car later on. Which monitoring service would be best for that?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fico or Fico 8 monitoring

@tbea1004 wrote:

I would like to start monitoring my credit with one of the MyFico products. They offer the Fico and the Fico 8 monitoring service. I am not really worried about getting a home right. I am focused on getting a couple cards and maybe a car later on. Which monitoring service would be best for that?

Have you looked over the various products offered here?  You can purchase individual reports or sign up for monthly monitoring services.

http://www.myfico.com/Products/Products.aspx

Message 2 of 4
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@tbea1004 wrote:

Have you looked over the various products offered here?  You can purchase individual reports or sign up for monthly monitoring services.

http://www.myfico.com/Products/Products.aspx

As Stated. the indiviual reports are very expensive. there is no different when monitoring between fico and fico 8. they are all fico 8. except. now they include other scores. like Bankcard. previous versions. mortgage. auto. but this is not optional. it is all included in the package. 24.95. or you pay. 59.,95. minus 20 percent. each time. without the additional scores. Edit. also. fico 2. version 3. and fico 5. beacon 5. all those things are automatically included. wish it was not. but it is.

Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@tbea1004 wrote:

They offer the Fico and the Fico 8 monitoring service. I am not really worried about getting a home right. I am focused on getting a couple cards and maybe a car later on. Which monitoring service would be best for that?

Products are listed in the link provided above for comparison:

FICO is generic term (i.e. any FICO scoring model) and the name of the company.  FICO 8 is a specific scoring model.  All products offer FICO 8 (and additional) scores as mentioned above.

There isn't a universal best option.  Some, like myself, don't even use myFICO monitoring.  Always be careful relying on specific numbers.  If you want to know what score a creditor will pull for you then you need to know the specific model and CRA used.  Even then, not all models are available directly to consumers.  Creditors do not all use the same FICO models.  FICO 8 is used by many but there are those that use other FICO models.

If you're comparing the myFICO monitoring options it basically comes down to whether or not you want the additional identifity theft features offered by FICO Identitiy Ultimate for $5/month or $50/year and that's a matter of your preference.

I'd suggest looking at the CreditCheck Total (also offers FICO 8 scores) threads as it has been a popular option recently.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.