Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico score dropped 28 points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico score dropped 28 points

I have been recovering from financially from a divorce 5 years now. I have settled or paid all collection accounts and have about 3000.00 credit card debt. My question is, My Fico score which is provided by my bank each month went down 28 points in 30 days. I can't figure out why this has happened. The collection accounts were at least 3 years old. I have been late on my credit card by one day before, but I send between 500.00 and 1000.00 each month. Help!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fico score dropped 28 points

Have you read Tuscani's "Credit Scoring 101" thread stickied at the top of this board. That might give you some insight into your scores, and what may have happened.

Otherwise, I'd suggest pulling all three of your credit reports directly from TU, EQ & EX, and looking to see what changes, specifically, have taken place. Once you can provide more specific detail about what's on your credit report, the age of your accounts, any derogs, and any previously reported accounts that may have dropped off your reports, the knowledgable people in this forum will be able to answer your questions more directly. Or, at least, give you their best educated guesses.

Definitely pull your reports! If you haven't done so in the last 12 months, go to annualcreditreport.com to get them.

@Anonymous wrote:
I have been recovering from financially from a divorce 5 years now. I have settled or paid all collection accounts and have about 3000.00 credit card debt. My question is, My Fico score which is provided by my bank each month went down 28 points in 30 days. I can't figure out why this has happened. The collection accounts were at least 3 years old. I have been late on my credit card by one day before, but I send between 500.00 and 1000.00 each month. Help!

Message 2 of 3
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fico score dropped 28 points

Hello Heatherbeth, and welcome to the forums. Please read Credit Scoring 101, as Smallfry suggested. Is it possible that the amount that you allowed to report on your credit card increased significantly over the past 30 days?

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.