Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico score low because of bank??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico score low because of bank??

hello all, first time here.. I payed off a credit card about a week ago, online banking shows it as payed off. but when I get a credit report it still shows the high balance from before.. im trying to get an auto loan, and simulator shows I would jump up 60 points.. so im kinda stuck right now..WHEN do the banks report to the FICO.????? thanks.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fico score low because of bank??

Just call the CCC up and ask them.  Creditors report at different times. 

Sorry for all the edits but my toddler decided she wanted to use the computer too.

Message Edited by HouseHunter on 08-06-2007 06:50 PM

Message Edited by HouseHunter on 08-06-2007 06:50 PM
Message 2 of 5
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

teeno wrote:
hello all, first time here.. I payed off a credit card about a week ago, online banking shows it as payed off. but when I get a credit report it still shows the high balance from before.. im trying to get an auto loan, and simulator shows I would jump up 60 points.. so im kinda stuck right now..WHEN do the banks report to the FICO.????? thanks.

Most CCC report to the credit bureaus the same day they process your next bank statement. Once its processed it may take a few days for it to show up on your CR.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

hmmm interesting..i guess BoA is a bit slow.. it was payed off a week ago..and is still showing up on 2 credit reports ive gotten since..ill try again tomorrow..before applying for the car loan..
Message 4 of 5
Takunda1
Established Contributor

teeno wrote:
hmmm interesting..i guess BoA is a bit slow.. it was payed off a week ago..and is still showing up on 2 credit reports ive gotten since..ill try again tomorrow..before applying for the car loan..

BoA reports when you new statement is mailed out to you. From there it takes approx 7 days for the updated info to show up on your CR

Message Edited by Takunda1 on 08-06-2007 08:14 PM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.