Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File a chargeback?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

File a chargeback?

I paid Frontier $127.50 to reconnect my Mom's internet, not only did they charge me 3 times for it but about 12-14 hours later she still has no internet. We called them up and they said "1 hour". I'm completely dissatisfied with the service and my car insurance payment was returned because of insufficient funds
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: File a chargeback?

I used capital one btw
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can certainly file a dispute with Capital One. Your reason for dispute would be that you were charged for service that was never provided.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I paid Frontier $127.50 to reconnect my Mom's internet, not only did they charge me 3 times for it...

Do you mean that you only authorized them to charge your card $42.50, and they put that charge on the card three times for a total of $127.50? Or that for whatever reason the bill came out to about three times what you were anticipating? Or do you just mean that this is the third time this has happened?

Sorry if I'm being obtuse. But I'm not clear what you're saying.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only authorized a one time charge of $127.50
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mean they charged your $127.50 three times? If so, did they tell you why?

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

They said they entered the security code wrong
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure why entering the security code wrong would result in multiple charges. But regardless, if they overcharged your card, and they acknowedge that it was a mistake, I'd be surprised if they weren't willing to correct it.

Message 8 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You have a billing-related matter on a charge card.

It is covered under the comprehensive dispute process under the Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA).

Check out a summary of the process on the FTC web page, and file a dispute under the FCBA.

Message 9 of 13
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure why entering the security code wrong would result in multiple charges. But regardless, if they overcharged your card, and they acknowedge that it was a mistake, I'd be surprised if they weren't willing to correct it.

Me too - have they said they're not refunding the extra two charges? 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.